ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

coming clean on false documents submitted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jackie11858
Newly Registered

coming clean on false documents submitted

Post by jackie11858 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 am

I was granted a UK visa eight years ago even after I had submitted one false document but they did not find out ,I went to the UK,overstayed and returned voluntarily two years ago.
Though I do not intend to return to the UK now,I will in the future,If I have to apply for a visa now,the document I submitted will affect my application alot,I am thinking of informing the home office of "that" deception and if they decide to ban me for ten years,when will the ban start? If it is from the time I submitted my application,that means the ban will be over in another 2 years in 2011.Do you think I should come clean?If I dont,the chances of ever being granted a UK visa will be almost nil becoz of that one document I submitted long ago.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 am

The paper records from 8 years ago will almost certainly have been destroyed, so as regards your use of a false document, you don't need to declare it.
Looking at Part 6 of the general visitor's application form, there is no question on there that asks you either if you previously used a false document, or if you overstayed. It does ask if you were removed, deported or "otherwise required to leave" the UK. If you just overstayed and left when you were ready, you can answer "no" to that question. But you don't know if your departure might have been recorded in some way. If you are interviewed for a visa application and they ask you how long you stayed, you should answer honestly because if they know and you don't tell them the truth you will be refused for deception, and future applications will attract a 10-year ban. You don't say how long your previous visa was for, but if it was a six month visit and you stayed 6 years, you have that period of your life to account for if they question you.
Having overstayed for 6 years, you will probably be refused anyway, unless you have a very good reason for coming to the UK.

sop
Newly Registered

Post by sop » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 pm

and what if one has left before 28 days voluntarily , will the ban still continue in case of applying dependent visa as well??

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:03 am

SOP please read from the UKBA website-

Grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom is to be refused

7A) where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

7B) subject to paragraph 320(7C), where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws by:

(a) Overstaying;

(b) breaching a condition attached to his leave;

(c) being an Illegal Entrant;

(d) using Deception in an application for entry clearance, leave to enter or remain (whether successful or not);

7C) Paragraph 320(7B) shall not apply in the following circumstances:

7C) Paragraph 320(7B) shall not apply in the following circumstances:

(a) where the applicant is applying as:

(i) a spouse, civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner under
paragraphs 281 or 295A,

(ii) a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner under paragraph 290,

(iii) a parent, grandparent or other dependent relative under paragraph 317,

(iv) a person exercising rights of access to a child under paragraph 246, or

(v) a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with Humanitarian Protection under paragraphs 352A, 352AA, 352FA or 352FD; or

(b) where the individual was under the age of 18 at the time of his most recent breach of the UK's immigration laws.

Think this applies to you?? If your spouse was a BC the ban would not apply to you?

sop
Newly Registered

Post by sop » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:04 pm

ya, but its aying that spouse visa can b applied.my husband is a student ova dere , i nee to apply for student dependent visa..

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:44 am

Ok so apply - you obviously are going to? We have all given our opinions and thats what they are opinions.....apply if you get it you get it if you don't it is money down the drain!