ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fooltruth
Newly Registered

confused!!!!

Post by fooltruth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 am

I have been in UK since 2000 as student and recently(2009) graduated from a university. In 2004, I drove a car without a valid driving license and insurance, and I was fined and banned for 6 months by the court. Since then I've renewed my student visa several times without mentioning this traffic offense. Now I would like to apply for the tier1 post study visa. Do I have to declare this offense? Thanks in advance for your responses.

jazz81
Newly Registered

Re: confused!!!!

Post by jazz81 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:54 am

fooltruth wrote:I have been in UK since 2000 as student and recently(2009) graduated from a university. In 2004, I drove a car without a valid driving license and insurance, and I was fined and banned for 6 months by the court. Since then I've renewed my student visa several times without mentioning this traffic offense. Now I would like to apply for the tier1 post study visa. Do I have to declare this offense? Thanks in advance for your responses.
yes u have to...

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:21 am

Yes declare it...

Then give me £25 please for pushing my Car insurance up :P

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 am

jazz81 wrote:
fooltruth wrote:I have been in UK since 2000 as student and recently(2009) graduated from a university. In 2004, I drove a car without a valid driving license and insurance, and I was fined and banned for 6 months by the court. Since then I've renewed my student visa several times without mentioning this traffic offense. Now I would like to apply for the tier1 post study visa. Do I have to declare this offense? Thanks in advance for your responses.
yes u have to...
I never had problem renewing previously, so how come not declaring will be an issue? If I declare it, will I be refused visa? Will they(HO) not ask me why I never declare it previously? Also it had been 5 years since this incident happened. I thought i do not have to declare any traffic offense that happened 5 years ago. Can some one clarify this? Thanks.

jazz81
Newly Registered

Post by jazz81 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:12 pm

fooltruth wrote:
jazz81 wrote:
yes u have to...
I never had problem renewing previously, so how come not declaring will be an issue? If I declare it, will I be refused visa? Will they(HO) not ask me why I never declare it previously? Also it had been 5 years since this incident happened. I thought i do not have to declare any traffic offense that happened 5 years ago. Can some one clarify this? Thanks.
HO these days are strict..If you dont declare then you will land into problem...there are many threads in this forum who didnt declare and were denied the visa...And one more thing...whether its 5 years or 5 days it doesnt matter...they have your records...

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Honesty is the best policy. ;)

If you don't declare it and they look up your records you will definitely be refused the Visa on these grounds. You may even incur serious repercussions.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:08 pm

According to the visa application form convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed. I checked the rehabilitation period for my offense, which is 5 years. This means, I do not have to declare it. I am not sure this is correct. Can some one shed some light on this issue?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 pm

fooltruth wrote:According to the visa application form convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 need not be disclosed. I checked the rehabilitation period for my offense, which is 5 years. This means, I do not have to declare it. I am not sure this is correct. Can some one shed some light on this issue?
1. I wud strongly recommend to disclose it as if the HO checks the record then u application will be refused without any doubts under deception.
2. Disclosing the offence wud not harm u appliction but not disclosing will definetely get u a ban.
3. There are so many people here and other forums where they successfully renewed the student visa without disclosing but wen it came to PSW application was rejected wen HO checks the record.
4. I do not undertstand that why u wana put uself in trouble as u will be banned without any doubts if HO checks it.
5. U r getting confused Rehabilitation is different as it invloves the time u spent in the jail for u offence and they do not need to be disclosed but urs is not a rehabilitation.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Thank you for your replies guys.

As ash786 explained it seems declaring the offense is the better option. But my question is will they (HO) not ask me, why I have not declare it in the previous applications? Based on this, can they refuse my PSW application?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 pm

fooltruth wrote:Thank you for your replies guys.

As ash786 explained it seems declaring the offense is the better option. But my question is will they (HO) not ask me, why I have not declare it in the previous applications? Based on this, can they refuse my PSW application?
1. If the caseworker did not check u details in previous extensions then its u luck.
2. PSW caseworkers tend to check these details more than the student extensions applications.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 am

Thank you for you reply ash786. I think you miss understood my question. Let me rephrase it. I have decided to declare my offence in the PSW form. Lets say that in the PSW application form i declare my offence. However, I never declare this offence in my previous student visa application. In such a situation there is a conflict in the information i provided to the HO. So, will the HO check my previous student visa application form for this offence record? If so what are the chances of me obtaining the PSW visa? Will the HO not ask me why i never declare the offence in the previous student visa extension applications?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:09 pm

fooltruth wrote:Thank you for you reply ash786. I think you miss understood my question. Let me rephrase it. I have decided to declare my offence in the PSW form. Lets say that in the PSW application form i declare my offence. However, I never declare this offence in my previous student visa application. In such a situation there is a conflict in the information i provided to the HO. So, will the HO check my previous student visa application form for this offence record? If so what are the chances of me obtaining the PSW visa? Will the HO not ask me why i never declare the offence in the previous student visa extension applications?
1. They shud not do that as u were given visa previously.
2. Now u r declaring that so shud not be a problem.
3. They can not make this an issue as they approved u application in the past.
4. If they do ask u u can say i did not remeber but now i am aware of it. There is not another reason i can think of which u can give them for not declaring it previously.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:45 am

Thank you for your advice ash786. I'll declare the offence and hope for the best.

nread
Newly Registered

Post by nread » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 am

Whether you declare it or not they will decline your application. The rules have been made alot stricter, a student visa will always be alot easier to obtain than a working visa

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:55 am

nread wrote:Whether you declare it or not they will decline your application. The rules have been made alot stricter, a student visa will always be alot easier to obtain than a working visa
You've posted on a few topics now declaring that these offenses will cause refusals. Do you gave an evidence, experience or knowledge to back this up?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

nread wrote:Whether you declare it or not they will decline your application. The rules have been made alot stricter, a student visa will always be alot easier to obtain than a working visa
1. I do not think so that u have much knowledge of this issue so please do not give advise where u do not know anything.
2. I have seen so many cases on this forum and others including my friend and the application was successful.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Thank you ash786. I was really scared after reading the comments from nread. I'm a bit relieved now.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:19 pm

fooltruth wrote:Thank you ash786. I was really scared after reading the comments from nread. I'm a bit relieved now.
1. Everybody makes mistakes (including British Citizens) and as long as u paid u fine and realised u mistake then HO can not make this an issue to refuse u application.
2. They wud refuse the application only where u use deception, upholding information or submitting false documents.
3. If u are not any of the above and only hav traffic offence then i am sure u wud not have any problems.

fooltruth
Newly Registered

Post by fooltruth » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 am

I just wanted to inform the outcome of my visa application, as it may be useful to someone else. I applied for the PSW visa on 13th October with declaring my offence. On 3rd of November I got back my passport with the PSW visa. So, from my personal experience, it is better to declare the traffic offence. That's all folks. Thank you guys.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 am

fooltruth wrote:I just wanted to inform the outcome of my visa application, as it may be useful to someone else. I applied for the PSW visa on 13th October with declaring my offence. On 3rd of November I got back my passport with the PSW visa. So, from my personal experience, it is better to declare the traffic offence. That's all folks. Thank you guys.
Congratulations! I'm glad to see you went down the honest route. :)