ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone recommend a good lawyer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Katamatin2321
Newly Registered

Can someone recommend a good lawyer

Post by Katamatin2321 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

I arrived in the UK on 17 March 1999 on a tourist visa from Malaysia. I was granted a student visa on 22 October 1999. There was a gap in between however I was in the UK applied for my Student status before my tourist visa expired.

There was no gap until 31 August 2004, where I had to return back to Malaysia urgently to attend my sister’s wedding. I return back on 14 September 2004. A gap in between.

However, I was granted a WP and my employment document stated from 1 September 2004. When I arrived in Heathrow 14 September 2004, I was stamped a visa up to 13 March 2005. I then applied for my further leave to remain in October 2004 and was rejected on the ground I did not have a leave to remain at the time of my application.

However, my appeal was successful and a WP visa stamp was granted on the 15 July 2005. (A gap in between 13 March 2005 to 14 July 2005) I would assume this is ok as I was still in the country legally as I won my appeal and I had a visa up to 13 March 2005 granted in Heathrow.

Since then there is no break.

Can anyone a lawyer of someone advise if:

1 Can I apply for my PR based on 10 Year rules
2 Or can I apply via WP route assuming visa was granted 1 September 2004 to 1 September 2009. Although stamp on the passport is 15 July 2005, I would assume I won my appeal and this is possible.

I would be grateful if someone can take up my case forward.

Sorry for the long e-mail

Many thanks
Nathan