ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of Dependants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hari15
Member of Standing

Naturalisation of Dependants

Post by hari15 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Have one doubt regarding British Citizenship.

I recently got ILR to me, my wife and my child

I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation by August 2010

But my wife who came to UK on June 2008 went to India for delivery from Nov 2008 to July 2009. hence she was outside UK for more than 270 days

Now by next year when I get naturalisation, I think I cant apply this for my wife. It seems like she can get that only by 2012 (3 years from now)

Does Naturalisation got any concept of Dependants like ILR (SET-0)? or Does each individual need to Individually qualify for naturalisation seperatly?

what about my 4 months old child. Can she get naturalisation when I am getting it? (my child born in India when I was not in ILR , now my child is in ILR)

Can anybody clear my doubts

Many Thanks

hert

Post by hert » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi Hari,

I have got similar questions as well which I'm trying to get answers for. I guess for BC- you need to be on ILR for at least 1 year and don't think that your child can be registered as BC as born outside UK irrespective of the fact that you got ILR.
I'll let other members confirm this & answer other questions.