ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 visa and Australia PR

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Tier-1 visa and Australia PR

Post by gopikrishnatb » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 am

Hi,

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this question.
Currently I am in the first stage (skills assessment) of Australia PR visa. Once this is finished in the coming months I will apply for main visa. But parallely I want to apply for Tier-1 visa as this is not going to take much time. So incase the Australia skills assesment result is negative, then I want to continue with Tier-1 visa.

Now my query is after I got Tier-1 visa, Can I still apply for Australia PR either from India or from UK? Will it be any issue?
Please suggest me, so that I will decide and plan accordingly.
Thank you.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 visa and Australia PR

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 pm

I think there would not be any problem in doing so. The only concern would be delay in your UK ILR, that is, if after getting Tier 1 visa you do not stay in UK for most of your time. Seniors must have better answer based on their experience.
gopikrishnatb wrote:Hi,

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this question.
Currently I am in the first stage (skills assessment) of Australia PR visa. Once this is finished in the coming months I will apply for main visa. But parallely I want to apply for Tier-1 visa as this is not going to take much time. So incase the Australia skills assesment result is negative, then I want to continue with Tier-1 visa.

Now my query is after I got Tier-1 visa, Can I still apply for Australia PR either from India or from UK? Will it be any issue?
Please suggest me, so that I will decide and plan accordingly.
Thank you.

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 pm

U can apply both visas at same time , there would be no problem...

U can even apply australian, canadian, newzealand and Uk immigration at same time .......

even if u've all these visas stamped on ur passport, its absolutely fine ...

Laws differ when it comes to citizenship ,,,,, u've to maintain residence in a particular country to be qualified as a citizen ,,,,,,,,,,

U can apply both visas ,,,,, and u can apply australian immigration from india or Uk ( if ur tier-1 application if approved ) ...

I personally know people who had applied all immigration visas at same time ...........
and who had these visas stamped on their passports....