ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds - multiple account bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aceakash
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds - multiple account bank statements

Post by aceakash » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello all,

I searched through the forums for my situation, but was unable to find a similar one, hence this new post.

I'm about to apply for extension to HSMP which expires in Nov 09, for myself and my wife as dependent. That means I have show £800 + £533 = £1333 as maintenance funds held for 3 months.

In my main current account with HSBC, the balance is going below £1333 on 2 days , 22 May and 29 Aug. I have another current account with ICICI Bank UK, which has balance of £300 or so for past 4 months. So combined, I meet the maintenance fund requirement.

My question is, can I send three monthly HSBC bank statements from 20 May - 19 Aug (my statement cycle) and one monthly ICICI UK statement for 01 May - 31 May?

Or alternatively, three monthly HSBC bank statements from 20 May - 19 Aug, one ad-hoc HSBC statement from 20 Aug - 1 Sept, and 3 monthly ICICI UK statements from 01 June - 31-Aug? In this case, I believe HO will consider 3 month period as 02 June - 01 Sep, but the balance on 01 Sep is above £1333 in HSBC.

What would you folks suggest? Anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance funds - multiple account bank statements

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:25 pm

I think you may submit both evidences together, but claiming period of consecutive three months should be exactly the same for both sources, kind of tricky though. Explain it in cover letter. THREE MONTHS maintenacne is an obligation that you have to fulfil.
aceakash wrote:Hello all,

I searched through the forums for my situation, but was unable to find a similar one, hence this new post.

I'm about to apply for extension to HSMP which expires in Nov 09, for myself and my wife as dependent. That means I have show £800 + £533 = £1333 as maintenance funds held for 3 months.

In my main current account with HSBC, the balance is going below £1333 on 2 days , 22 May and 29 Aug. I have another current account with ICICI Bank UK, which has balance of £300 or so for past 4 months. So combined, I meet the maintenance fund requirement.

My question is, can I send three monthly HSBC bank statements from 20 May - 19 Aug (my statement cycle) and one monthly ICICI UK statement for 01 May - 31 May?

Or alternatively, three monthly HSBC bank statements from 20 May - 19 Aug, one ad-hoc HSBC statement from 20 Aug - 1 Sept, and 3 monthly ICICI UK statements from 01 June - 31-Aug? In this case, I believe HO will consider 3 month period as 02 June - 01 Sep, but the balance on 01 Sep is above £1333 in HSBC.

What would you folks suggest? Anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mvent00 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi,
I think you better send both HSBC & ICICI UK statements for the entire period.

Option 1: Send HSBC statements from 20 May - 19Aug & ICICI UK from 1 May - 31 August

Option 2: HSBC statements from 20 May - 1 Sep and ICICI UK from 1 June - 31 Aug

Whichever it is make sure that you mention the period you want them to consider clearly in the cover letter.

But ur 1st option of sending 1 month statement of ICICI UK(May) is not going to help at all.

aceakash
Newly Registered

Post by aceakash » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Appreciate both your replies. I too feel option 2 is better, but only doubt was that HSBC statement spills over to 1 sept, for which date, there is no ICICI statement. (balance on 1 sept in HSBC is no problem though).

Any email address I can mail HO on, to get this verified please?

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I think that shouldn't be a problem as long as you mention the overlapping 3-month period clearly in the cover letter.

anywayz, you can send a mail UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

aceakash wrote:Appreciate both your replies. I too feel option 2 is better, but only doubt was that HSBC statement spills over to 1 sept, for which date, there is no ICICI statement. (balance on 1 sept in HSBC is no problem though).

Send regular 3month statements for HSBC and use one statement to cover the shortfall days. Mention the point in your cover letter and form clearly (no harm in using bold font).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 am

push_hsmp wrote:
aceakash wrote:Appreciate both your replies. I too feel option 2 is better, but only doubt was that HSBC statement spills over to 1 sept, for which date, there is no ICICI statement. (balance on 1 sept in HSBC is no problem though).

Send regular 3month statements for HSBC and use one statement to cover the shortfall days. Mention the point in your cover letter and form clearly (no harm in using bold font).
This is where Cover letter is useful and IMPORTANT.. only way to speak and explain to the case worker looking into your application..

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 am

I got my dependent visa stamped. I used two accounts for the maintenance funds. Mine and my husband's. I mentioned this in bold+underline in the cover letter and also in the space provided in the application form for additional information. It worked fine.

bilqees
Newly Registered

Post by bilqees » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 am

Hi akash,

I got my HSMP-> Tier1 visa extension approved. I too used my two bank accounts for maintenance funds. I clearly mentioned in the cover letter the dates for which the balance fell down from £800 (requisite in my case) in one account and asked them to refer to the statements of the other account during these dates.
I had submitted the statements of both the accounts for complete 3 months just to be on the safer side.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 am

Rule is simple.

You should be in possession of stated maintenance funds at any given time in the last 3 months of placing your application.

You can use single account or multiple however on any given time available balance should not drop below the threshold.

You need to do calculations yourself and you need to provide evidences to meet this requirement.

india11

Post by india11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 pm

hi rizwan 567,

please check your pm