ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which ILR approval date to use for Naturalisation?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

Which ILR approval date to use for Naturalisation?

Post by jas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Hello,

I received ILR almost a year ago and am preparing my application for naturalisation. The ILR Date of Issue on my passport is different from the Date on Letter from Home Office which was received along with the stamped passport. Please could someone advise which one of these date to be used while filling up the AN Form.

Thanks in advance.

willnotbackHSMP

Re: Which ILR approval date to use for Naturalisation?

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

jas wrote:Hello,

I received ILR almost a year ago and am preparing my application for naturalisation. The ILR Date of Issue on my passport is different from the Date on Letter from Home Office which was received along with the stamped passport. Please could someone advise which one of these date to be used while filling up the AN Form.

Thanks in advance.
So far , my understanding the date of ILR stamped in the passport. The letter was basically a cover note of sending passport.

Thanks.

jas

Post by jas » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks for your quick response. I will go with the date as suggested.

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 am

But I've read updates from some successful BC applicants (HSMP JR) who used the date on their letters rather than the stamp on passport

silentc
Newly Registered

Post by silentc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:22 pm

I used the ILR date on my passport for my application and also sent the back dated letter. My application was approved in 4 weeks (so no delay because of this).

I was worried and called the contact centre back then and was told the case workers are aware of the JR and backdated letters and different ILR date on passport and it would be no problem......

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:14 pm

NCS Aldershot used the date written on letter

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Jas I think you are confusing the covering letter you received with your ILR one year ago with the back dated letter that persons who applied recently under the HSMP ILR JR received to show that their ILR is deemed to have been granted on the date when they completed 4 qualifying years on HSMP rather than the date on which the visa was issued. I assume you did not receive ILR based on the HSMP ILR JR and so the date you should use is the date on the ILR stamp in the passport.
'In everything give thanks'

jas

Post by jas » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:21 am

OFCHARITY,

Thanks. As you correctly assumed, I got my ILR based on WP Visas. I was confused whether to use the date from covering letter or passport stamp. But as now I get it, I will be using the date from passport stamp.

Thanks again to all for your advise.