ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wsg9
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Post by wsg9 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 am

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to submit the EEA family permit visa application with relevelant documents before getting the marriage certificate? After the certificate has been achieved, can it then be put in the application file?

wsg9

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:43 am

Under EU law, the marriage certificate (Evidence of relationship) and the passport or ID card of EU national (Evidence of EU Citizenship) are the two most important documentation required for your permit to be processed.

I suspect your application will not be accepted without your marriage certificate.
Last edited by Obie on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 am

Obie wrote:Under EU law, the marriage certificate (Evidence of relationship) and the passport or ID card of EU national (Evidence of EU Citizenship) are the two most important documentation required form your permit to be processed.

I suspect your application will not be accepted without your marriage certificate.
Its not even a suspect, expecially the UK. They will refuse the visa without a marriage certificate.
Charles4u

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am

charles4u wrote:
Obie wrote:Under EU law, the marriage certificate (Evidence of relationship) and the passport or ID card of EU national (Evidence of EU Citizenship) are the two most important documentation required form your permit to be processed.

Its not even a suspect, expecially the UK. They will refuse the visa without a marriage certificate.
I know that the application will not be processed until I give the marriage certificate but since the application procedure (as I heard) takes too much time (3 to 6 months). So, if the other documents are with them, the file may come clos to them by the time I present the certificate.

I have no problem whatsoever in presenting the certificate and other documents in one go. Only what I want to know if there is a possibility of giving a document after a certain period of time for faster processing.

wsg9

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

EEA permit doesn't take that long to process. It is given the utmost priority in comparison to other Entry clearance category. You probably mean 3-6 weeks to process. If they take longer than that, the matter should be reported to solvit as it is illegal under EU law.

OP, you need to submit the marriage certificate or your application will not even be accepted,never mind being rejected.

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:09 pm

Obie wrote:EEA permit doesn't take that long to process. It is given the utmost priority in comparison to other Entry clearance category. You probably mean 3-6 weeks to process. If they take longer than that, the matter should be reported to solvit as it is illegal under EU law.

OP, you need to submit the marriage certificate or your application will not even be accepted,never mind being rejected.
Many thanks Obie.

MAKUSA
BANNED

clarification

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Obie wrote:EEA permit doesn't take that long to process. It is given the utmost priority in comparison to other Entry clearance category. You probably mean 3-6 weeks to process. If they take longer than that, the matter should be reported to solvit as it is illegal under EU law.

Obie did you say that it takes 3-6 weeks to get an EEA Family permit?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 pm

That would or should be a reasonable expectation.

However i am unsure where the OP is applying from, and how efficient they are, but in Ireland, where i live, they have a 100% processing completion within 15 days for that category of Entry clearance.

I have to be on the err of caution, and say it might take considerably longer in high demand countries, however, 6 months would definitely be deem to be extremely excessive, wouldn't you agree?

MAKUSA
BANNED

EEA permit

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:17 am

Obie wrote:That would or should be a reasonable expectation.

However i am unsure where the OP is applying from, and how efficient they are, but in Ireland, where i live, they have a 100% processing completion within 15 days for that category of Entry clearance.

I have to be on the err of caution, and say it might take considerably longer in high demand countries, however, 6 months would definitely be deem to be extremely excessive, wouldn't you agree?
I really dont know how long it should take because a mate of mine applied in Dublin on the 11th of August and he hasnt gotten a reply to date.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:49 am

He should definitely follow it up. Article 5 of the directive states that such visa (EEA family Permit) should be processed as part of an accelerated process. The British say they acknowledge this. However they don't always seem to be showing that in practice. If he doesn't hear anything by the end of this week, i will suggest he get in contact with them and see what's happening.

What country is your friend applying from ?

MAKUSA
BANNED

EEA

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 am

Obie wrote:He should definitely follow it up. Article 5 of the directive states that such visa (EEA family Permit) should be processed as part of an accelerated process. The British say they acknowledge this. However they don't always seem to be showing that in practice. If he doesn't hear anything by the end of this week, i will suggest he get in contact with them and see what's happening.

What country is your friend applying from ?
Dublin UK embassy

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:41 am

It should be a maximum 15 working days then, as i stated earlier.

In July, they said 100% of EEA family permit applications were processed within 15 working days, which means, for a friend of yours who applied on the 11 of August, processing should or would be near completion.

MAKUSA
BANNED

EEA

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 am

Obie wrote:It should be a maximum 15 working days then, as i stated earlier.

In July, they said 100% of EEA family permit applications were processed within 15 working days, which means, for a friend of yours who applied on the 11 of August, processing should or would be near completion.
Thanks for that info, i think its just down to an incompetent British system

wsg9
Newly Registered

Post by wsg9 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:34 pm

I want to know one more thing.
What is the minimum required period of stay of mine in the country after marriage.

wsg9