ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 from HSMP at Croydon

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghusn
Newly Registered

Tier-1 from HSMP at Croydon

Post by raghusn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:01 am

I had my appointment on the 1st September and got the extension for 3 years.
Two things to note for other applicants:
1. Make sure you pay the right amount while making the payment. I was to pay £1170 for myself and three dependents. Unfortunately, I was so stressed about the card payment passing through, I did not notice the amount. Ended up paying only 1020. After two hours while in the mall having a coffee, noticed a message from home office to come back immediately. Rushed back - told to make another payment for 150 pounds - in the queue for another 30 minutes. The processing of the application started only after this, resulting in my spending pretty much the whole day at the PEO. While making the second payment, noticed another guy in the queue with exactly same predicament, so this does not seem unusual.

2. Remember counter no.16, on the first floor. This is where you will finally collect your passport. Don't pay attention to the business at the rest of the hall. The hall will look like a cheap airport departure with about four announcements at a given time. There will be a crowd of about 500 people making their way for their biometrics. Ignore the cacophony, and go and sit close to counter16 within earshot. Wish the home office had at least put up a note saying 'passport collection' near this counter, or better still, separated out this service to another quieter corner of the hall.

Wish you all success with your application.