ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Police Caution Affect ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Will Police Caution Affect ILR?

Post by iyanu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:43 pm

A colleague wants to know if having a police caution for ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) can affect his application for ILR. This was commited against his partner in which she had to report to the police and he was eventually cautioned.

He will be applying for his ILR in February 2010;

Will this affect the ILR application and must he declare it in the form when filing out SET(O) form?

Your contribution will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by iyanu on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:01 am

Better delcare it. As long as you declare it doesnt affect ILR

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:26 pm

shivuu006 wrote:Better delcare it. As long as you declare it doesnt affect ILR
I agree, it is important to declare the caution in the form. If he goes for the premium service, he can explain to the case worker (if it arises), the circumstances surrounding the caution. He should be fine!
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

If there's likely to be any query regarding the application, avoid applying at a PEO . The PEO officer doesn't have the authority to discuss
anything outside of the basic checking of documents. Whereas with a postal application you're given the opportunity to explain any queries or provide additional documents.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 am

as long as you explain the details of the caution in a separate sheet, PEO is ok. this is my personal experience

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

Many thanks guys for the contributions...shivuu006, casa and munisa.

Actually he had an Enhanced CRB done in May 2009 and the caution appeared on the ECRB.

My question will it be ok if the ECRB document is included in the ILR application and will that explain fully or clear the air surrounding the caution?

AlexCh

Re: Will Police Caution Affect ILR?

Post by AlexCh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:48 pm

iyanu wrote: He will be applying for his ILR in February 2009;
Is it me or it is already September 2009 now?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:54 pm

AlexCh wrote:
iyanu wrote:

He will be applying for his ILR in February 2009;

Is it me or it is already September 2009 now?
Thanks for spotting that one, I have already corrected it in the original post above. Its Feb., 2010.

Sorry guys!

homeboy
Newly Registered

Post by homeboy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Guys you seem to be missing the point here it is clearly stated in the form that spent convictions need not be disclosed. A caution is spent immediately so u don't need to declare it. Sometime we read between the lines and fail to understand a simple instruction.

Tell your friend that there is no reason to worry...I repeat no need to declare it.

Hope this helps.

Fahadgee
Newly Registered

Re: Will Police Caution Affect ILR?

Post by Fahadgee » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:28 pm

iyanu wrote:A colleague wants to know if having a police caution for ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) can affect his application for ILR. This was commited against his partner in which she had to report to the police and he was eventually cautioned.

He will be applying for his ILR in February 2010;

Will this affect the ILR application and must he declare it in the form when filing out SET(O) form?

Your contribution will be greatly appreciated!
Hi iyanu

Have you got your ILR?