ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport validity period for tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uiqbal

passport validity period for tier1 extension

Post by uiqbal » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi,
My current status is like this:

HSMP Visa valid till: 8th Jan 2010
Passport valid till: 3 Apr 2010

I was thinking of applying for tier 1 extension by 15 september 2009?

Should i get a new passport or is it OK to apply on the already existing passport?

Regards,
uiqbal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: passport validity period for tier1 extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:19 pm

uiqbal wrote:Hi,

Should i get a new passport or is it OK to apply on the already existing passport?

Regards,
uiqbal
Should not be a problem... HO requires the passport to be valid for atleast 6 month on the date of application

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks tvn_ramesh. That was really quick :)

I would also like to know, as I would be applyin 2 and a half months earlier than the expiry date -- Is that OK?

Secondly if I get my FLR visa from 8th Jan, then it will be only valid for almost 3 months(not 6 months), does that make a difference?

Also can you point me to documentation required for dependent application, i have wife and a baby?

Regards,
uiqbal

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: passport validity period for tier1 extension

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Regards,
uiqbal
The norm is 6 months from date of application and you should be ok. Based on the above info the cut-off will be 3 Oct 2009 for submission.
Regards,
crowbar6

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:53 pm

uiqbal wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh. That was really quick :)

I would also like to know, as I would be applyin 2 and a half months earlier than the expiry date -- Is that OK?
Yes, this is fine.
Secondly if I get my FLR visa from 8th Jan, then it will be only valid for almost 3 months(not 6 months), does that make a difference?
I think you mean 3 years and not 3 months above! If so, the new visa will be valid for 3 years and it will not depend on the date of expiry of passport. However, whether it is 3 years from date of stamping of new visa or 3 years from date of expiry of current visa is upto the discretion of the case worker.
Also can you point me to documentation required for dependent application, i have wife and a baby?
See this for guidance on how dependants can apply. The forms and guidance notes are all available on the UKBA site.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:18 pm

1. As per the HO they say send ur renewals/extension 28days before expiry but i, me, many sent before 2-5months and got their visa's approved.. so u can send it ASAP as you have a valid reason of passport validity..

2. Once u get ur extension (FLR) you can apply for new passport and transfer the new visa to that new passport or use the old passport along with new passport

3. similar check list of docs.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... cchecklist

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for the responses on this matter. However i would like to know two things?

1. If i want to transfer the extension visa on old passport to new passport, what is the procedure?

2. Is it must to transfer the new visa to new passport or can i carry both the passports for the next three years -- without any problem?

Regards,
uiqbal

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks for the responses on this matter. However i would like to know two things?

1. If i want to transfer the extension visa on old passport to new passport, what is the procedure?

2. Is it must to transfer the new visa to new passport or can i carry both the passports for the next three years -- without any problem?

Regards,
uiqbal
1. once u get ur new visa u can send ur new and old passport to HO at Croydon?? with proper application and fees of approx 125£ and they will do the transfer for you

2. No you can let the visa on ur old passport and take both or all the passports while u travel.. i did the same till i got my recent renewal..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... opassport/
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards,
uiqbal
1. once u get ur new visa u can send ur new and old passport to HO at Croydon?? with proper application and fees of approx 125£ and they will do the transfer for you

2. No you can let the visa on ur old passport and take both or all the passports while u travel.. i did the same till i got my recent renewal..