ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master Of Commerce (External) - Mumbai University valid?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clin10
Newly Registered

Master Of Commerce (External) - Mumbai University valid?

Post by clin10 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:15 pm

HI,

I have 2 questions for you guys :

1) I have a Master Of Commerce degree, which is a two year distance learning course from the University of Mumbai. Do I qualify for Tier 1? The points calculator on the UKBA website picks up Master Of Commerce and gives me the required points. My certificate says (External) under the 'Master Of Commerce' bit. Will this cause an issue?

2) This particular qualification automtatically qualifies for 10 points for Language in the points calculator. Do I need to still provide IELTS certification etc?

A quick response will be highly appreciated. Many thanks!
Last edited by clin10 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Check my below msg..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Ramesh, wouldn´t it be better to contact NARIC to verify it (to be on the safe side). See this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43825
tvn_ramesh wrote:You are good to go(fine)... for both educational and english requirement..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 pm

mvent00 wrote:Ramesh, wouldn´t it be better to contact NARIC to verify it (to be on the safe side). See this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43825
tvn_ramesh wrote:You are good to go(fine)... for both educational and english requirement..
Thanks mvent00.. i agree with you..

@ clin10..
big appology.. please wait for applicants from the same univ n certificate status to respond on thsi query to confirm that it is OK or NOT

or as mvent suggested.. please contact NARIC to verify this.. it cost very less than the fees u will loose (around 50£ and takes around 2weeks to get the info)

sorry again guys.. i need to go slow.. cheers