ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR : Required docs : Lost one of the old work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

remo1
Newly Registered

ILR : Required docs : Lost one of the old work permit

Post by remo1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 am

I'm due to apply for ILR in couple of weeks. The company A I joned was taken over by another company B. I have the lastest work permit noting the chjanges that the Company A is now part of Company B; however, during the transition my employer B had lost my work permit with Company A.
Will this cause any problem for my ILR application in proving that I have spent 5yrs in UK as work permit holder?

Please let me know your comments based on your experience?

Thanks.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:41 am

generally they dont look at WP as they have all details in their system. As long as you have letters from employers and P60/Payslips for 5years, they are ok. in my case my company A was taken over by company B even though my WP was made by company A. when i showed the relevant document from the company B they are ok.

remo1
Newly Registered

Post by remo1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

shivuu006 wrote:generally they dont look at WP as they have all details in their system. As long as you have letters from employers and P60/Payslips for 5years, they are ok. in my case my company A was taken over by company B even though my WP was made by company A. when i showed the relevant document from the company B they are ok.
Many thanks for your response Shivuu...
When I rang the HO, they told me the same that the WP (WP approval letters) are not compulsory to submit. In order to prove the 5years stay in UK, he said that it is enough if I show the utility bills (?) or 5years bank statements.