ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

m shocked.....is it true???

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

infouk
Newly Registered

m shocked.....is it true???

Post by infouk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:05 pm

i called up HO office for an inquiry. the lady there asked me a couple of questions. i cleared it out saying i'm a student in UK trying to switch to depedant of my spouse. to this the lady said i can't switch to student depedant while remaining in UK itself and that i will need to go back to my country of origin and then apply for student depedent visa from there......this news came to me as a shock bcoz i dun remember seeing anything written on this in the UKBA website and to my amazement that lady insisted that this rule has been in place from around 2 yrs i.e. since the time she joined UKBA...................either i'm going crazy or she has...........somebody plz help by clearing out the confusion..........m desperate now.........plz some serious answers only.....
thnks
Last edited by infouk on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:43 pm

She is right!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:04 am

confusedhsmp wrote:She is right!
Hi

Yes she is right.

You are not updated.

UK_Banned_Member

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

infouk
Newly Registered

who is right....?????????? so confused

Post by infouk » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:36 am

I dont know whats going on............. i called HO today again and they said i can switch from international student to another international student's dependent from here in UK and i dont need to go back to my country of resident for that because she falls under 'old immigration system'........ i'm going crazy.......... who is right??????????????

please give me honest answer.....................

thanks

crestwater
Newly Registered

Post by crestwater » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:00 am

Hi
Let me share my experience with you:
I came to the UK in 2007 with my wife (we were married back in my country) She came with a Student Visa, because she got the visa before i applied for HSMP and we hope to change her visa to my dependant in UK.
Unfortunately when i mailed HO I was told that she will have to go back to my country and apply as my dependant. she went back last year to change it and it was a straight forward application, she came back within 6weeks. I have a friend thats been in the same shoes, the husband had to go back home to change his visa.
My candid advice to you is to go back home and apply for your visa bcos the rule says - the dependant of a person with limited stay in UK will have to apply from his/her home country and student visa is a limited stay.
I wish you the best of luck.

vinny

Re: who is right....?????????? so confused

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:07 pm

infouk wrote:I dont know whats going on............. i called HO today again and they said i can switch from international student to another international student's dependent from here in UK and i dont need to go back to my country of resident for that because she falls under 'old immigration system'........ i'm going crazy.......... who is right??????????????

please give me honest answer.....................

thanks
Click on link above.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

infouk
Newly Registered

Post by infouk » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks Vinny, now i am sure that i can apply from here in UK as my wife and me comes under 'old immigration system'. Now i'll prepare my docs to apply here..

cheers