ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

latest i can ask for renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chamelion

latest i can ask for renewal

Post by chamelion » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 pm

hey guys

current leave expires on the 25th of september. i had applied for renewal but got rejected got i was missing a supporting document which i now have on hand. i just got rejection today.

i really wanted to go visit family in san francisco for a week and have been waiting for my passport for a month.

do you think its really bad if i go travel, come back on say the 17th, send in my app so they get it on the 18th which is a week before my leave expires. if i'm not mistaken my status remains the same while i'm here even after leave expires right?

or is there somethign that says i should send it in now, wait a whole month before i go visit family?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: latest i can ask for renewal

Post by crowbar6 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 pm

chamelion wrote:hey guys

current leave expires on the 25th of september. i had applied for renewal but got rejected got i was missing a supporting document which i now have on hand. i just got rejection today.

i really wanted to go visit family in san francisco for a week and have been waiting for my passport for a month.

do you think its really bad if i go travel, come back on say the 17th, send in my app so they get it on the 18th which is a week before my leave expires. if i'm not mistaken my status remains the same while i'm here even after leave expires right?

or is there somethign that says i should send it in now, wait a whole month before i go visit family?
You can submit the application anytime before the current leave expires. Thus, you are allowed to go to SFO, come back and then submit the extension application.

Also, its best if you consolidate your queries in one thread as it will give everyone the complete picture of your case and they will be able to give appropriate advice.
Regards,
crowbar6

chamelion

Post by chamelion » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

crowbar6 wrote:

You can submit the application anytime before the current leave expires. Thus, you are allowed to go to SFO, come back and then submit the extension application.

Also, its best if you consolidate your queries in one thread as it will give everyone the complete picture of your case and they will be able to give appropriate advice.
do you think i'd have issues at the border on reentry though, assuming i reenter on the 17th or so and my HSMP expires on the 25th? cutting it a bit close, no?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:49 pm

chamelion wrote:
crowbar6 wrote:

do you think i'd have issues at the border on reentry though, assuming i reenter on the 17th or so and my HSMP expires on the 25th? cutting it a bit close, no?
That's not a cause for concern. If the Immigration Officials ask, then tell that you had to fly out due to a personal issue and will be submitting the Extension application in the next day or so. They can't deny you entry on this basis.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Buddy.. as crowbar adviced.. dont spread ur messages all over.. its really confusing..

One thing i can suggest you if you are planning to go to SFO, if possible get a letter from the current company you are working that you are going on holiday n will come back and join work after the holiday.. this will help you make ur position stronger while u return at immigration dept..

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 am

You should be perfectly fine.

If you are questioned about the your return then let them know that you intend to apply for extension in a day or two.

To be on the safe side keep the copy of docunets with you in the bag to show immigration officer your intentions.

You should be perfectly fine.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:50 am

That is absolutely right. I had same case in another country where I was working before. Only few days were remaining for my visa to expire but I had to travel to home country for a personal issue. I had all papers with me for next visa extension and the immigration officer did ask me about it. I showed him the documents and it was fine. So, take your papers for extenstion with you, it would be handy.
tvn_ramesh wrote:Buddy.. as crowbar adviced.. dont spread ur messages all over.. its really confusing..

One thing i can suggest you if you are planning to go to SFO, if possible get a letter from the current company you are working that you are going on holiday n will come back and join work after the holiday.. this will help you make ur position stronger while u return at immigration dept..

chamelion

Post by chamelion » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 am

thanks a lot for the information guys :) I may just take this break!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:45 am

chamelion wrote:thanks a lot for the information guys :) I may just take this break!
There should not be any reason for you to be worried.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer