ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

document for cert of naturalisation: do I need to send passp

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashimashi

document for cert of naturalisation: do I need to send passp

Post by ashimashi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi,

Quick question for those who have sent their docs for cert of naturalisation after taking oath of fidelity:

Did you send you passport too? It says you need to send you "Travel Document (If Applicable)", does that mean travel document like that of refugees, or does it mean my actual passport from my current nationality?

Thanks

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 pm

off course you current passport,

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:01 pm

I'd be interested in finding this out, too. I'm booked to take the oath of fidelity next week, and I was always under the impression that these so-called 'Travel Documents' were the visas/letters that were issued by Irish consulates and embassies prior to one's arrival in Ireland.

Since I'm not a visa-required national and I was residing in the EU prior to taking up residence in Ireland, I have no such thing as a 'Travel Document.' I haven't even got an immigration stamp from my original point of entry (travelled by car and ferry from Scotland to Belfast and then on through to the Republic).

So if anyone could clarify this, I'd be most grateful.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm

'Travel Documents' refers to a special document given only to Refugees / successful Asylum Seekers. If you're not in this category then you don't need to send your passport.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... r_refugees

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks for the info, Southern Sky.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:35 am

Yep,
As mentioned by southern_sky you dont have to send passport (if you are not a refugee/asylum seeker)
Regards
Tiggs

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 am

thanks for all your responses guys. send my docs without passport today, hopefully will get my cert in less than 8 weeks :)

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm

This is correct. The "travel document" is a document issued by the Irish Government to refugees. It enables them to travel abroad and return to Ireland. Normally, refugees are not able to get a passport from their original country (as they're escaping from that country in the first place), so once they are accepted as refugees in a host country (Ireland in this case), the host country issues this travel document for them. The travel document basically says that the holder is not a national from the issuing country but is a resident in the host country. The travel document is the property of the host country. That's why INIS asks for it when refugees get naturalised.

If you are not a refugee, you do not need to send anything but the yellow form (properly signed by the judge), the fee (!!!) by way of bank draft/postal order and your original GNIB card.

I'm also taking my oath next week. Can't wait!!! :)