ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

^Dmin
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by ^Dmin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:47 am

Hi ,
I am on student visa and expect to be graduate it in July.
in July 2011 i will complete 5 years of been living in the UK on student visa and then plan to apply for HSMP and stay on it for another 5 year and finally apply for ILR.
will the New law (probationary citizen)apply to me if i have been in the UK from 2006?
The reason is that i have read on the websites that it is for new comers and it is taking effect from 2011.I have been here from 2006 and will hopefully switch to HSMPon 2011 ,so would i be eligble to apply for ILR in 2016 doesnt matter which visa category i was on ?
Does the new law mean that long resedence(10 years) is no longer accepeted to apply for ILR?
Many thanks

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Yes the new rule will be applicable to you.
The rules say this new rule will not apply to those who get ILR before July 2011. This is for getting PR.
Then there is 2 year transition period for those on the ILR to naturalize. If they miss this then they will come under new rule.

push
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by push » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:07 pm

^Dmin wrote:Hi ,
I am on student visa and expect to be graduate it in July.
in July 2011 i will complete 5 years of been living in the UK on student visa and then plan to apply for HSMP and stay on it for another 5 year and finally apply for ILR.
will the New law (probationary citizen)apply to me if i have been in the UK from 2006?
Yes very much
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

^Dmin
Newly Registered

Post by ^Dmin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:36 pm

hi
thanks for replying.
so would the 10 year rule(long residence )disappear

and also does it mean that once i got the ILR i have to wait another 2 years to apply for british citezen?