ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

probelm
Newly Registered

Marriage

Post by probelm » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi guys , I suffering a dilema at the moment and just wanted some advice regarding my question. I am a british citizen who would like to marry my cousin. me and my cousins relationship started after she entered the Uk last year in 2008 on a 6month visa, not before she arrived. After this she returned back home and re-applied for another visa in the summer of this year and was granted another 6 month visa. Our relationship has been going on since she arrived in the uk of 2008 not before and i have proof of this. She is currently here with around 2 months remaining on her visa. However i decided i wanted to marry her while she was here visiting. The problem to marry abroad is quiet difficult back their due to issues with military service, and the fact i'll loose my job which im going to need etc.. SO i wanted to know if it was possible for me to apply for a COA and marry her here. I know 100% they will send her back to re-apply as a spouse. I just wanted to make the marriage here.

So bearing that in mind will i have a chance to. thanks to whoever answers my question, really dont know what to do. :cry:

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I think you will have difficulty getting COA as normally to apply for COA you need to meet the following requirement.

"I have been granted leave to enter or remain in the UK for more than 6 months and have at least 3 months of that leave still remaining."

The best bet would be for her to return home and then apply for a fiancee visa. She could then come back to the UK and you could get married.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Why not ask Jean-Paul from this forum...or Rodrigo and Omeo from another forum (they work together and share the same computer). All 3 have exactly the same problem with marrying their cousin on a 6 month visitor visa (2nd visit).
I reckon the answer will be the same as they have all been given. Maybe you could form a 'support group'. :wink: