ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 5 - LTR Without Condition As To Time Endorsements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:51 am

i think appointments are only given for WCATT renewals and without condition stamps. new applications for WCATT have to go by reg post

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:49 pm

To HSE...

Apologies for te late reply mate.

I had Stamp 4 before (on work Authorisation). No gaps in timeframe.

I just sent my old and new passport with a cover letter thru reg post detailing all stamps and reckonable service.

This morning I went to GNIB and got my new card with stamp 5 for 10 years. This thing is brilliant.

The GNIB folks are very friendly & helpful.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

NI

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I just want to give you an update on the WTC process.

I sent my passports to INIS on Monday hoping to receive them back in 4-5 days. However, today I got a letter from INIS confirming the receipt of my documents, and saying that the application process now takes 15 -20 days. So, it seems that it started to turn into a slow burning process as everything else with INIS.

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Got my stamped passport today. It took 9 working days all together.

I need to schedule an appointment with our IO now. It seems he works by appointment only, and an appointment has to be booked by phone first. Did not have that before…

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:31 pm

IPT wrote:It seems he works by appointment only, and an appointment has to be booked by phone first.
Where is this?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:36 pm

-=

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Is this still a free service? :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Southern_Sky wrote:Is this still a free service? :)
Yep! Well at least as at today. But as they say: "offer valid while stocks last". From all indications "Sales may be ending soon" :P :lol:

IPT
Newly Registered

Stamp 6 or 5?

Post by IPT » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally I got my updated card. Before the card was issued, the IO took the fingerprints of all 10 fingers and ran the clearance checks. He said that this is a new procedure that was introduced a couple of weeks ago.

Initially he gave me Stamp 6. When I asked, if it should be Stamp 6 or 5, he replied that he has the instructions from the DoJ that WCATT gets Stamp 6. After I had shown him the printout from the citizen’s information web site he agreed to change the stamp number to stamp 5.

Now, if the DoJ instructs officers to give stamp 6 for WCATT endorsements it must be correct as the DoJ is the final authority. How can you guarantee that the information on the citizen’s information web site is correct?

Southern_Sky

Re: Stamp 6 or 5?

Post by Southern_Sky » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Just the 10 fingers! no toes, retina scan & hair samples as well :)

IPT wrote:Hi Guys,

Finally I got my updated card. Before the card was issued, the IO took the fingerprints of all 10 fingers and ran the clearance checks. He said that this is a new procedure that was introduced a couple of weeks ago.

Initially he gave me Stamp 6. When I asked, if it should be Stamp 6 or 5, he replied that he has the instructions from the DoJ that WCATT gets Stamp 6. After I had shown him the printout from the citizen’s information web site he agreed to change the stamp number to stamp 5.

Now, if the DoJ instructs officers to give stamp 6 for WCATT endorsements it must be correct as the DoJ is the final authority. How can you guarantee that the information on the citizen’s information web site is correct?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Stamp 6 or 5?

Post by Ben » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:50 am

IPT wrote:Initially he gave me Stamp 6. When I asked, if it should be Stamp 6 or 5, he replied that he has the instructions from the DoJ that WCATT gets Stamp 6. After I had shown him the printout from the citizen’s information web site he agreed to change the stamp number to stamp 5.

The DoJ made a(nother) mistake. :roll:

room1102

Post by room1102 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Guys

Just wondering. I have this question about WCATT. I will have my 8 years by January 2010 in Ireland. I have GNIB stamps (work authorization) for all 8 years I have been here. I left Ireland for 7 months in 2005 for family reason. Will GNIB deduct my 7 months from the 8 years??? Should I wait for another 8 months from January next year before I apply for WCATT stamp????

Thx
room

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:50 pm

they will go by the stamps in your passport. and if those 7 months away from the country were covered by your permission in the passport, you will be ok.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:52 pm

To be sure wait for another 8 months. The do count 8 yrs rigorously.
Hope that helps. But said that if you still want to try go ahead, if application is returned, either ways try in 8 months again.
Regards
Tiggs

room1102

Post by room1102 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:36 pm

agniukas wrote:they will go by the stamps in your passport. and if those 7 months away from the country were covered by your permission in the passport, you will be ok.
Thx Agiukas and Tiggs

I thnk Tiggs is right. I better wait for another 8 months. May be the 7 months my absences from Ireland is covered by my GNIB stamp in my passport. But i think the GNIB will make it difficult for me because they ask people to submit all their passport(s) since they entered Ireland. If I showed them all my passport(s), GNIB will say that I was only in Ireland for 7 years and 5 months instead of 8 years from reading my passport pages, so I think I better to wait. If they only wants to know the GNIB stamps, I think they would only ask people to submit all the GNIB stamp pages instead of all the passport, but thx for the info anyway guys.

Thx
ROOM

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:46 pm

it's not GNIB who is giving WCATT stamps, it's general Immigration. they need original passports so that they can stamp your passport as soon as they finish the counting. they only count permission stamps and do not look at entry - leaving stamps that are given at various airports.
if you are covered by the permission stamp and went on holidays during that time, it is still counted as you had permission in the state. just check your stamps and count the time. any gaps in permission between the stamps will not be counted and make sure don't count the overlapping stamps twice i.e. when you went to renew your permission a month early or something.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi All,
How long is it taking these days for WCATT stamp ?
Kind Regards
Tiggs

RuslanIRL
Newly Registered

Post by RuslanIRL » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi, Tiggs! I've got my passport stamped in june 2009, took 4 working days including post.
Got passport renewed, sent all passports on 9th of december 2009, they got delivered on the 10th.... NOT A WORD SINCE!!! :evil:
I've heard something from friend.. He says it takes 15-20 working days..
In my case it works out that to get RENEWAL of wcatt takes LONGER, than to get it for the first time... :shock:

g10
Newly Registered

Post by g10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:37 am

Hi RuslanIRL, we are in the same boat. Posted my passport in the middle of Nov. Still waiting ......

Had written another two letters to ask the status, but no answer....
Tried to ring the office twice, couldn't go through......

What shall we do now??

g10
Newly Registered

Post by g10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Quick update that I received my passport this morning. :D

benki11
Newly Registered

WCATT and EUfam stamp 4

Post by benki11 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm

WCATT and EUfam stamp 4,just wanna ask what is difference,i have been on EUfam Stamp 4 for 5 years now,before Stamp4 EU FAM,i had work permit stamp 1 since 2001,so i m asking would i benefit with Without conditions as to time Endorsement in my passport over EU stamp 4,I been married for 5 years! My wife European !

PS
I send all of my passports for WCATT with reg post on 16.02.2010,28 days gone and still nothing !

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: WCATT and EUfam stamp 4

Post by Ben » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:26 pm

benki11 wrote:WCATT and EUfam stamp 4,just wanna ask what is difference,i have been on EUfam Stamp 4 for 5 years now,before Stamp4 EU FAM,i had work permit stamp 1 since 2001,so i m asking would i benefit with Without conditions as to time Endorsement in my passport over EU stamp 4,I been married for 5 years! My wife European !

PS
I send all of my passports for WCATT with reg post on 16.02.2010,28 days gone and still nothing !

If you are a visa required national you will need a re-entry visa if you hold Stamp 5.

You do not need such visa if you hold Stamp 4 EUFam.

Since you appear to have acquired the right of Permanent Residence in Ireland in accordance with the EC regulations, you are entitled to receive, within six months of application, a Permanent Residence Card. Apply using form EU3.

benki11
Newly Registered

Post by benki11 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Update
Received it this morning by Registered post! Stamped with wcatt and letter attached about going to local immigration office to receive stamp!
So 42 days in total including Sundays!

benki11
Newly Registered

Post by benki11 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Ben (guru)
If i may ask a question?
Is it possible to hold EU-fam STAMP 4 And Stamp 5 (8years and longer legal resident in ireland) at same time?
So can i continue to be EU fam member and at same time have Without Conditions As To time STAMP 5?

PS
I know question is complicated ,but i would appreciate an answer

Thanks

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm

benki11 wrote:Hi Ben (guru)
If i may ask a question?
Is it possible to hold EU-fam STAMP 4 And Stamp 5 (8years and longer legal resident in ireland) at same time?
So can i continue to be EU fam member and at same time have Without Conditions As To time STAMP 5?

PS
I know question is complicated ,but i would appreciate an answer

Thanks
use common sense. would they issue you 2 GNIB card? just think about it.