ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension - Need help filling Section D4 and D5.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adp
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension - Need help filling Section D4 and D5.

Post by adp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:40 am

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in
the applicant’s passport or travel document.
[adp]:Is this the red number on the VISA,or the alphanumeric number at the bottom of the stamp?

D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
Yes - go to question D6 No - go to question D11
[adp]:Can someone explain to me what this question means.I only have one passport and my current leave (HSMP 2 years) expires on 27 Nov 09.Does this mean I answer No to this question.

thanks in advance.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 Extension - Need help filling Section D4 and D5.

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:49 pm

adp wrote:D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in
[adp]:Is this the red number on the VISA,or the alphanumeric number at the bottom of the stamp?
Yes
adp wrote:D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
[adp]:Can someone explain to me what this question means.I only have one passport and my current leave (HSMP 2 years) expires on 27 Nov 09.Does this mean I answer No to this question.thanks in advance.
The answer should be No as the document/passport showing your current leave is available with you
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

adp
Newly Registered

Post by adp » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:15 am

push_hsmp wrote:
adp wrote:D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in
Yes
adp wrote:D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
[adp]:Can someone explain to me what this question means.I only have one passport and my current leave (HSMP 2 years) expires on 27 Nov 09.Does this mean I answer No to this question.thanks in advance.
The answer should be No as the document/passport showing your current leave is available with you

Thanks for your response push_hsmp.For section D4,Did you mean the EC clearance number is the red number on the top right hand corner of the VISA stamp and not the alphanumeric number at the bottom.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:51 am

adp wrote:EC clearance number is the red number on the top right hand corner of the VISA stamp

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi,

Is D4 the red number on top right corner of the visa or is it the VAF no under Valid until?

Not sure after reading this post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... d11#286614

As it was not even corrected by push, so in a bit of confusion if somebody can clear that?

Regards,
uiqbal

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

uiqbal wrote:Hi,

Is D4 the red number on top right corner of the visa or is it the VAF no under Valid until?

Not sure after reading this post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... d11#286614

As it was not even corrected by push, so in a bit of confusion if somebody can clear that?

Regards,
uiqbal
Its the red number on top right corner of the visa. I overlooked the question in the other post.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gauravw
Newly Registered

Need Help - Section D

Post by gauravw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for HSMP - Tier1 (Extension) visa. I also need some help related to Section D:-

D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
Country
Post (City)

Since, i am applying for extension visa, should i add the country as "UK" as i got my last HSMP visa while i was in UK Or do i need to add country as "INDIA" as i got my intial visa from "INDIA" 4 and half years back.

please advice

Regards,
Gaurav

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Need Help - Section D

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:13 pm

gauravw wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am applying for HSMP - Tier1 (Extension) visa. I also need some help related to Section D:-

D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
Country
Post (City)

Since, i am applying for extension visa, should i add the country as "UK" as i got my last HSMP visa while i was in UK Or do i need to add country as "INDIA" as i got my intial visa from "INDIA" 4 and half years back.

please advice

Regards,
Gaurav
This should be your "first" entry clearance to UK. If you have come to UK on Work Permit/HSMP you might have got your EC from somewhere in India may be Chennai BHC or Bombay BHC.

gauravw
Newly Registered

Need Help - Section D

Post by gauravw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks for your response,

So, Does it mean that below mentioned information should be filled as per my "First" visa? i was under the impression that they are looking for last visa details?

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.

Please advice

Regards,
Gaurav

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Need Help - Section D

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:40 pm

gauravw wrote:Thanks for your response,

So, Does it mean that below mentioned information should be filled as per my "First" visa? i was under the impression that they are looking for last visa details?

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? Yes.Put Entry Clearance details here as it is asked for EC.

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.Yes that's what I did for my extension application 2 months back.

Please advice

Regards,
Gaurav