ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Port of entry - latest bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gdesai786
Newly Registered

Port of entry - latest bank statement

Post by gdesai786 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:12 am

I did ask this question regarding what all documents are needed @ port of entry.

But I didn't ask whether I need latest bank statements (last 3 months from today/POE date) to indicate that I have GBP 2800 in my account.

Do I need to show last three months bank statements with 2800 GBP? Is this mandatory/optional/good to have types? Please let me know.

This question I am asking specifically because my visa stamp date is in March 2009 and I am entering UK in September 2009.

Thanks in advance.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Port of entry - latest bank statement

Post by mvent00 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:01 am

In my opinion, you do not need to have it. It is just a requirement for visa application. But if you have this money and you can prepare a fresh statement, you can keep it with you, just in case if some immigration officer asks you about it.

gdesai786 wrote:I did ask this question regarding what all documents are needed @ port of entry.

But I didn't ask whether I need latest bank statements (last 3 months from today/POE date) to indicate that I have GBP 2800 in my account.

Do I need to show last three months bank statements with 2800 GBP? Is this mandatory/optional/good to have types? Please let me know.

This question I am asking specifically because my visa stamp date is in March 2009 and I am entering UK in September 2009.

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:30 am

It is useful to have the following things handy on ur first entry to UK

Medical Report n X-ray of TB Test
Passports with valid visa
Address wehere you are about to live on u enter UK
not mandatory
Name of the company if u already got a job before u enter..
Documents sent for visa

these are more than enough...