ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office applcation charges to increase to £750

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Home office applcation charges to increase to £750

Post by anish18sudhakar » Fri May 14, 2004 1:04 pm

Is it really true that home office application charges are going upto £750 pounds in august 2004 jesus how greedy can you get squeezing all this money outta immigrants £250 was bad enough £750 is a huge amount I don't think most students earn that in 2 or 3 months what a rip

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri May 14, 2004 2:00 pm

The clause allowing an increase of charges well above processing costs is incorporated in the new Asylum (treatment of claimants) bill. However the specific charges are left to future statutory instruments. There is no clue or discussion about the level of these charges. Yet, don't expect students to pay £750 for an application. That level of charge will be reserved for ILR/ WP / HSMP.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

sywahu

Post by sywahu » Sat May 15, 2004 1:14 am

I haven't heard or read about any such increase....where did you get the info from?

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Post by anish18sudhakar » Sat May 15, 2004 9:55 am

Some guy told me I'm not siure about this either i just wanted to know if anyone else had more information on this.

AtW

Re: Home office applcation charges to increase to £750

Post by AtW » Sat May 15, 2004 3:34 pm

High demand means high prices - if you think that extra £500 will make a difference for you as far as immigration is concerned then its best not to try it because UK is a _very_ expensive country.