ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 or BR5 (non-EEA family of romanian in the UK) ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bunny80

EEA2 or BR5 (non-EEA family of romanian in the UK) ?

Post by bunny80 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 pm

I'm am a romanian national married to an american (both in the UK right now). Since we are self-sufficient (can prove it with bank statements and private health insurance) we want to apply for a residence card for her and a registration certificate for myself.

We had a consultation with a local solicitor and she told us we need to use BR5 and BR1, but another solicitor told us we need EEA2 and we also need to prove accommodation (even though I've never seen this on any EEA form or heard that it would be needed as proof that you are exercising any of the treaty rights).

Thanks, for any help!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bunny80

Post by bunny80 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:48 pm

thank you vinny but i still have no idea what the answer is... bunny sad :(

petkanov

this

Post by petkanov » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:53 pm

BR1 and BR5 are the correct forms

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 or BR5 (non-EEA family of romanian in the UK) ?

Post by Ben » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:13 pm

bunny80 wrote:and we also need to prove accommodation (even though I've never seen this on any EEA form or heard that it would be needed as proof that you are exercising any of the treaty rights).
You need to provide proof that you live in the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

bunny80

Post by bunny80 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

benifa wrote:
bunny80 wrote:and we also need to prove accommodation (even though I've never seen this on any EEA form or heard that it would be needed as proof that you are exercising any of the treaty rights).
You need to provide proof that you live in the UK.
thanks again everyone, between the lawyers and the BA info services this is tough to figure out especially since they seem clueless half of the time.

council tax is in both our names, BT, bank and others bills are in mine. is that enough, do we need to provide the landord details ( i don't even know them, i rented through an agency that manages a number of flats and they handle everything).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 am

Fortunately both BR1 and BR5 , do not demand that you provide proof of residence in the UK. I suppose the document that you are provide in support of your application, that you are exercising treaty rights in the UK would attest to that.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:51 am

bunny80 wrote:council tax is in both our names, BT, bank and others bills are in mine. is that enough, do we need to provide the landord details ( i don't even know them, i rented through an agency that manages a number of flats and they handle everything).
What you've mentioned should be fine.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

bunny80

Post by bunny80 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:11 pm

We need to show bank statements plus our private health insurance policy for both our applications but it looks like they might not be here on time. The bank is blaming the postal strike and AVIVA promised us it they would process it faster for us but it's been a week and a half and we haven't received anything yet.

I do have bank statements from 12 to 6 months ago and a clerk told me they could stamp or sign some kind of local branch statements and that the immigration people would accept them if they are attached to official early statements. Is this true? And is there anything we could do about the health policy, like give the agency our policy numbers so they could check with AVIVA?

I've been told by solicitors that we could send the application even after my wife's visitor visa expires but that it would be better to send it before it does . I am not really sure what that means but from what I gather as long as we have proof that she had UK private health insurance before the expiry date (plus funds for being self-sufficient) the residence card would just confirm her EEA rights, not create them.

Farazjan
Newly Registered

Post by Farazjan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:34 am

Hi every body , just wanted to ask that is it ok to apply for rc through EEA2 application if my wife is romanian ( self employed ) or only br5