ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pulling my hair! CONFUSING SITUATION! URGENT! HSMP -> TIE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellowello
Newly Registered

Pulling my hair! CONFUSING SITUATION! URGENT! HSMP -> TIE

Post by hellowello » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:28 pm

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Guyz, I have a quick query.

My employer who is a well known company has apparently not paid my full NI & Tax. It seems like they have agreed to pay it in installments for many of us. This is the information i am getting from my accountant. Also that the TOTAL amount they have agreed is probably not the same as in my P60, this is a mistake.

I have spoken to my manager about it and he is assuring that it must be error and they will rectify it by the end of this month. THe problem is that I have already sent my application to HO and should be considered this week according to waiting times.

WHat if the HO confirm it with HMRC?

WOuld this be a problem???

srirags

Post by srirags » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:42 pm

hope u have submitted ur bank statements?? whether ur net pay in the payslips are corroborative with the monthly salary deposits in your bank account??

hope u r aware of the fact that p60 and payslips are considered as same source of evidence.

hellowello
Newly Registered

Post by hellowello » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 pm

srirags wrote:hope u have submitted ur bank statements?? whether ur net pay in the payslips are corroborative with the monthly salary deposits in your bank account??

hope u r aware of the fact that p60 and payslips are considered as same source of evidence.
This is not the issue. I have given my bank statements and payslips.

The problem is mainly between my employer and HMRC on tax amount. Its basically a mistake or error as i see now.

Suppose if the HO tries to confirm the amount with HMRC...it wouldnt tally would it? would this be a problem for me as i am not liable to pay it anyway. I have the P60 and payslips with correct amount.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm

1. What are the documents you sent with your application for the Earnings Proof:

a. Payslips and Bankstatements or
b. Payslips+P60 and bank statements?

2. Are your Net salary(s ) in the Pay slips matching exactly with those in the bankstatements for every month?

3. Does your payslips show Gross.. Net.. tax.. NI ??

Case worker will mostly look into the 1.a. category to verify your earning points.. if they are fitting and matching fine.. You shd not worry

unless there is some conspirancy in ur pays...for which they will first contact ur Employer contact whomever details u have provided.. if ur employer can explain it clearly or properly then u shd be fine..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Pulling my hair! CONFUSING SITUATION! URGENT! HSMP ->

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:15 pm

hellowello wrote:PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Guyz, I have a quick query.

My employer who is a well known company has apparently not paid my full NI & Tax. It seems like they have agreed to pay it in installments for many of us. This is the information i am getting from my accountant. Also that the TOTAL amount they have agreed is probably not the same as in my P60, this is a mistake.

I have spoken to my manager about it and he is assuring that it must be error and they will rectify it by the end of this month. THe problem is that I have already sent my application to HO and should be considered this week according to waiting times.

WHat if the HO confirm it with HMRC?

WOuld this be a problem???
First of all paying your taxes is your employer's responsibility. As your employer is deducting taxes from you, so you should be out of the loops if your employer doesn't pass it to HMRC.

Secondly, if you have submitted Payslips+Bank Statement along with P60, you should be fine if your payslips+bank statement matches. I don't think case worker will care to look into the P60 sides of things if he can clearly corroborate the earnings. Even if he choose to check with HMRC(which i am not sure he can do that easily) or your employer(which he can do easily), atleast your employer will be able to explain the descrepancy in the P60.
Third, since you have applied recently I presume your P60 does not cover complete/full financial year which could give you benefit of doubt as taxes+NI on your payslips doesn't match P60.

So in all I think you should be fine.

hellowello
Newly Registered

Post by hellowello » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:25 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:1. What are the documents you sent with your application for the Earnings Proof:

a. Payslips and Bankstatements or payslips and bank statements only

2. Are your Net salary(s ) in the Pay slips matching exactly with those in the bankstatements for every month? YES

3. Does your payslips show Gross.. Net.. tax.. NI ?? YES

Case worker will mostly look into the 1.a. category to verify your earning points.. if they are fitting and matching fine.. You shd not worry

unless there is some conspirancy in ur pays...for which they will first contact ur Employer contact whomever details u have provided.. if ur employer can explain it clearly or properly then u shd be fine..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 pm

hellowello wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:1. What are the documents you sent with your application for the Earnings Proof:

a. Payslips and Bankstatements or payslips and bank statements only

2. Are your Net salary(s ) in the Pay slips matching exactly with those in the bankstatements for every month? YES

3. Does your payslips show Gross.. Net.. tax.. NI ?? YES

Don't worry about it then. You are good to go.Simply do not submit your P60 with your application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Yes.. you are good to go and apply.. goodluck