ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sachin
Newly Registered

NCS

Post by sachin » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:01 pm

Hi All

I am eligible to apply for BC based on 4+1 years already. I called up NCS at all the council offices and found all the appointment slots are booked.
I wish to apply for naturalisation before the new rule comes to effect.

Could someone suggest me what to do now.

thank you

Sachin

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:43 pm

This circumstance was clearly going to happen. The last possible date at a NCS centre is Friday next week if you want to avoid taking the Citizenship Test.

Your choices appear to be :-
  • Don't use NCS .... post your application to Liverpool ... post it no later than Friday 28th October ... and of course use Special Delivery to send it
  • take the Citizenship Test and then use NCS some time in November or later
John

sachin
Newly Registered

Post by sachin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:12 pm

thanks very much for the advice. I think I should post the application form since I can't use NCS because of non availability of appointment.

could someone tell me which form I should use for naturalisation.
also for proof of english knowledge if I send my University degree(B.sc from India) certificate, would that be enough?.

many thanks
Sachin

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:17 pm

Use Form AN, link below.

Guide and Form AN(NEW)

If your course was in English, your certificate will probably suffice.

Hurry & good luck.

Rogerio

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:25 pm

don't you have plans to go outside the UK during the christmas holidays?

I think HO does not send back your passport immediately

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:55 pm

Olisun,

Sachin can can send a certified copy of his passport. This is what I did last year, and there was no problem.

It cost me £5 to get the copy of my (Brazilian) passport certified, but I heard that many solicitors charge a lot more than that. Worth shopping around.

Rogerio.

sachin
Newly Registered

Post by sachin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:46 pm

hi
thanks to all of you for the advices. Does anyone one know how long HO takes to return the passport and other original documents.

thanks
sachin

sachin
Newly Registered

Post by sachin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:07 pm

Hi again
sorry forgot to ask, my son was born last week here, he doesnt have indian passport yet, but I registered his birth.
can I include him in the application form?. if I can inculde him then what should I write in the Child nationality details?.

could someone also please tell me what docs should I send along with the application. I am applying for nationality on the basis of 4+1.

thank you very much
sachin

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:35 pm

If your son was born here and you have ILR, your son is already British.
All you have to do is send off an application for his passport with his original birth certificate and proof that either the mother had ILR or the father had ILR ( with a marriage certificate etc). You can either send your or your wife's passport or you can simply send the home office letter giving you or your wife ILR. If you have such a letter for your wife, that is really the only document you need in order to apply for your son's passport. if you send your own leter, you will need a copy of your marriage certificate too.

Because he is already British, your son doesn't need to appear on your naturalisation application.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:41 pm

If I were you, I would *not* send my passport... I would send a certified copy, much safer, and you will be able to travel. The HO could take anything between 2 weeks and the published 4 months to complete your naturalisation application.

sachin
Newly Registered

Post by sachin » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:41 am

Thank you so much to everyone for their advice and suggestions.
My son was born after we received ILR. So according to your words I can apply for his passport straightaway.
Could some one point me to the correct application form that I should use and possibility of using post office service for this.

Is that just enough if I apply for my son passport with his birth registration document and my wife's passport that has ILR sticker?.
We also have the letter that was given by HO when we received the ILR. should we send that as well?.

Many thanks
Sachin

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 pm

Sachin, go to any main Post Office and pick up a Child's Passport Application Form. Obviously that needs to be completed and submitted with the correct documents, as indicated on the form and the accompanying guidance notes.

Suspect your greatest problem will be ... getting a photo of your very young child! Certainly have a look at this leaflet before getting the photo taken.

Lots more information at :-

www.passport.gov.uk
John

Khurram

Pictures

Post by Khurram » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Suspect your greatest problem will be ... getting a photo of your very young child! Certainly have a look at this leaflet before getting the photo taken.
If you do have a digital camera handy though, that might simplify things, and then you can have then printed off at any of the Image Processing shops or online (e.g. Paspic). Despite the fact that you end up paying Paspic around £3.50 for 6 pictures, you save yourself the hassle of having your pictures turned down for not conforming to the ICAO standards !

Regards

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:11 pm

Actually all you really need to send for your son's passport is your wife's ILR letter. It is actually better than sending passports etc. anyway since there is always a risk and you will need your passports if you are putting in a citizenship application shortly.
So with your son's application all you need by way of documentation is your wife's ILR letter and your son's full birth certificate. Obviously the mother's details on the birth cert and ILR letter must match.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:32 pm

Don't lets overlook here that the son is definitely British, and does not need a passport to prove it. So unless there are plans to travel in the near future there is no harm in delaying the application for the son's British Passport maybe for a few months. Then the photo might be a lot easier to take.
John