ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help, I am very worried! I made an "out of time" a

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geefty7
Newly Registered

Help, I am very worried! I made an "out of time" a

Post by geefty7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:27 pm

:( Hi, I am a newbie (just joined today)!
My student visa expired on the 31st of July 2009. Prior to that I made a late application for the PSW visa on the 28th July which has received the following day (as such it was still valide, although quite late). I should have applied earlier but I had difficulties retrieving my bank statements from the bank and had to opt for bank printed stamped statements and bank letter.
I checked my mail at the post office on the 8th August to find that my application had been returned with all my documents because they said the application fee did not clear from my account. I "made a huge mistake to" fill in my debit card details and I had sufficient funds in the account and couldn't explain why this would happen.
The letter from the case worker was dated on the 4th of August and she asked me to send a fresh application. I called HO to ask for advice and they said that I should fill the form the same way I did previously without indicating my current visa had expired!!!
I sent in a new application on the 10th of August with postal orders to avoid the same problem but I am so nervous these days.
The day I was to resend the application, the HO said it was ok to send it and there may have been some problems with the payment which may not a big issue but another person said it was an out of time application so I have to stop my job and if refused i would not be able to appeal. Please advice, can some one be refused on this ground? I am really trying to stay calm. My current balance is now below £800.....I do pray that I get the PSW (soon).

tall_funky
BANNED

Re: Help, I am very worried! I made an "out of time&quo

Post by tall_funky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm

geefty7 wrote::( Hi, I am a newbie (just joined today)!
My student visa expired on the 31st of July 2009. Prior to that I made a late application for the PSW visa on the 28th July which has received the following day (as such it was still valide, although quite late). I should have applied earlier but I had difficulties retrieving my bank statements from the bank and had to opt for bank printed stamped statements and bank letter.
I checked my mail at the post office on the 8th August to find that my application had been returned with all my documents because they said the application fee did not clear from my account. I "made a huge mistake to" fill in my debit card details and I had sufficient funds in the account and couldn't explain why this would happen.
The letter from the case worker was dated on the 4th of August and she asked me to send a fresh application. I called HO to ask for advice and they said that I should feel the form the same way I did previously without indicating my current visa had expired!!!
I sent in a new application on the 10th of August with postal orders to avoid the same problem but I am so nervous these days.
The day I was to resend the application, the HO said it was ok to send it and there may have been some problems with the payment which may not a big issue but another person said it was an out of time application so I have to stop my job and if refused i would not be able to appeal. Please advice, can some one be refused on this ground? I am really trying to stay calm. My current balance is now below £800.....I do pray that I get the PSW (soon).
I think u should be ok, if everything u have said is true.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Help, I am very worried! I made an "out of time&

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm

The letter from the case worker was dated on the 4th of August and she asked me to send a fresh application. I called HO to ask for advice and they said that I should fill the form the same way I did previously without indicating my current visa had expired!!!
1. If u visa was expired 31st July 2009 and u applied on the 28th July so its not a late application as if u applied by post then that is the date of posting u application and its not a late application.

2. If the caseworker asked u to post a new application then they are aware of it so stay calm as u have done wat they asked for.

3. As long as u submitted all the required documents and u had £800 plus the most recent statement was not more than 1 month old wen u applied second time then u wud be fine.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:31 pm

ash786 wrote:
1. If u visa was expired 31st July 2009 and u applied on the 28th July so its not a late application as if u applied by post then that is the date of posting u application and its not a late application.

2. If the caseworker asked u to post a new application then they are aware of it so stay calm as u have done wat they asked for.

3. As long as u submitted all the required documents and u had £800 plus the most recent statement was not more than 1 month old wen u applied second time then u wud be fine.

Thank you very much for your responses!
I submitted all the required documents.

My concern is that the person said my first application was declared invalid as a result of not-cleared application fee and that the second application would be considered an out of time application.

I must admit that I got conflicting advice from HO PEB on different occasions where one said it was ok and another said no.

Would I need to stop working and wait at home as one said, due to the "out of time" application. Or contact HO again to know what to do! Or should I ask my employers to contact them??

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Thank you very much for your responses!

My concern is that the person said my first application was declared invalid as a result of not-cleared application fee and that the second application would be considered an out of time application.

I must admit that I got conflicting advice from HO PEB on different occasions where one said it was ok and another said no.

Would I need to stop working and wait at home as one said, due to the "out of time" application. Or contact HO again to know what to do! Or should I ask my employers to contact them??[/quote]

1. U just have to wait and see wat happens. I have seen many cases same as yours where application was approved (The reasons were same as yours, paid by card and HO cud not take a payemnt and the applicant was advised toaply again).

2. U can show u employer that u have applied and just waiting for the outcome.

3. Another thing u can do contact u bank and ask them if HO had tried to take the payment wen u applied first time.

4. There are also many cases where HO put the wrong card number which was not the same as wat u wrote on the form.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 pm

ash786 wrote:Thank you very much for your responses!

Would I need to stop working and wait at home as one said, due to the "out of time" application. Or contact HO again to know what to do! Or should I ask my employers to contact them??
1. U just have to wait and see wat happens. I have seen many cases same as yours where application was approved (The reasons were same as yours, paid by card and HO cud not take a payemnt and the applicant was advised toaply again).

2. U can show u employer that u have applied and just waiting for the outcome.

3. Another thing u can do contact u bank and ask them if HO had tried to take the payment wen u applied first time.

4. There are also many cases where HO put the wrong card number which was not the same as wat u wrote on the form.[/quote]

Thanks ash for your speedy response.

Ok!! I bank with Lloyds and unfortunately they haven't been so functional lately! They said there was no way they would know and that the can only check such issues a couple of days after the payment was rejected not a week later! I also called HO again but they seem to have destroyed the payment details as no one could confirm the error.

In the cases you had seen, did they submit "out of time" applications? Were they asked to stop working and sit at home till they received feedback? My employer is aware I have applied and waiting for the outcome.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

1. To be honest with u its upto the company but as long as u have applied according to the instructions by HO u shud be fine.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 pm

ash786 wrote:1. To be honest with u its upto the company but as long as u have applied according to the instructions by HO u shud be fine.
It is the person in HO that said I should quit work because the application was "out of time". That's why I asked regarding the cases you said you knew.

Please who is aware of the conditions of "out of time" applications regarding PSW visa or any other visa especially for persons already in employment?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 pm

See also UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by bank

Also:
PBS decision on the way wrote:One possible alternative approach worth highlighting is to make use of the 28 day concession announced by Lord Bassam at the time of the debates on the PBS in Parliament (see here at column 97-98). The Home Office will consider applications submitted within 28 days of the expiry of a person’s leave as if the application had been made in time....
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:13 am

vinny wrote:See also UKBA put in wrong CC security code: Payment rejected by bank

Also:
PBS decision on the way wrote:One possible alternative approach worth highlighting is to make use of the 28 day concession announced by Lord Bassam at the time of the debates on the PBS in Parliament (see here at column 97-98). The Home Office will consider applications submitted within 28 days of the expiry of a person’s leave as if the application had been made in time....
Thanks for these! Very helpful and reassuring.
It is obvious they have issues taking card payments and I think should not ask people to pay by card when applying by post. Oh God! I pray it turns out for my good in the end with a PSW visa stamped next week.

Do you know anything about HO insisting on quitting work though?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 am

If your leave had expired before you made a valid application, then your permission to work had also expired.

Another risk is that if you are refused (for some reasons other than for being late) and had overstayed for longer than 28 days, then you may have no right of appeal and may be subject to a ban.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:58 am

vinny wrote:If your leave had expired before you made a valid application, then your permission to work had also expired.

Another risk is that if you are refused (for some reasons other than for being late) and had overstayed for longer than 28 days, then you may have no right of appeal and may be subject to a ban.
Thanks Vinny!! So sad but staying positive.
I got suspended from work yesterday :cry:
Was give 4 weeks to get the visa or be dismissed finally.
Although this doesn't particularly feel great, I am still at peace & calm and all things will work for my good no matter how it seems now.

Please, who knows the average time it's taking HO to process PSW visa? Is the time different for out of time applications?

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear that you were dismissed.

Also try not to worry, be positive. You received a letter from a case worker at the HO asking you to resend your application. I think this letter should make you feel confident. You were asked to resend it again. I don't think this is a 'normal' out of time application.

As for time limits it varies- 3 weeks to 8 weeks, from what I have seen on this forum. Say a prayer that all will be ok.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 am

Hi

Your application was return as invalid due to payment issue(yours mistake not home office) and you applied again.So technically speaking you applied out of time as your leave was expired.So in my view you have applied out of time so as a result if you were refused you have no right of appeal.

But I have seen many people who have been succeed,all is upto home office weather they refused you with no right of appeal or approved you.

There are horrible stories on payment issues where applicants were refused with no right of appeal.

So I pray home office approve your application.

But technically you have outdated application with no right of appeal.

UK_Banned_Member

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 pm

promise44 wrote:Sorry to hear that you were dismissed.

Also try not to worry, be positive. You received a letter from a case worker at the HO asking you to resend your application. I think this letter should make you feel confident. You were asked to resend it again. I don't think this is a 'normal' out of time application.

As for time limits it varies- 3 weeks to 8 weeks, from what I have seen on this forum. Say a prayer that all will be ok.

Thank you very much for this Promise44. I am praying daily.

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:07 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

Your application was return as invalid due to payment issue(yours mistake not home office) and you applied again.So technically speaking you applied out of time as your leave was expired.So in my view you have applied out of time so as a result if you were refused you have no right of appeal.

But I have seen many people who have been succeed,all is upto home office weather they refused you with no right of appeal or approved you.

There are horrible stories on payment issues where applicants were refused with no right of appeal.

UK_Banned_Member

I don't know whose fault it is with regards to payment. I have a letter from the bank which says that I had sufficient funds on that day but I haven't sent that in. I just called HO with regards to processing time but they said they have no processing times for out of time applications.

geefty7
Newly Registered

PSW visa Success

Post by geefty7 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:43 pm

geefty7 wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

UK_Banned_Member

I don't know whose fault it is with regards to payment. I have a letter from the bank which says that I had sufficient funds on that day but I haven't sent that in. I just called HO with regards to processing time but they said they have no processing times for out of time applications.

Hmmmm! What can I say...God is good.

I got my PSW visa today
Although I made an out of time application, it didn't take long for the visa to be issued. This is the timescale of the applications are:
Initial application
Application Posted: 28th July, 2009
Received HO Acknowledgement:30th July, 2009
Student visa expired: 31st July, 2009
Application returned as invalid due to card payment that didn't clear: 4th August, 2009 and received 8th August <Please always use Postal orders- for peace of mind at least>

New Application
Application Posted: 10th August, 2009
Received HO Acknowledgement:13th August, 2009
Visa Stamped in Passport: 3 September, 2009
Visa Expired Date: 3 September, 2011
Received Passport with Visa: 5th September, 2009 (but I was not home so I just got the package from the post office today)

Thanks for all those who have been contributing and sharing their experiences in this forum. I wish those have and will apply, successful feedbacks from the HO.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:09 pm

God is good indeed. Praises!! Now you can breathe again. Be blessed and make good use of your visa. Start to prepare from now for your future.

Promise

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Hey thats a gus news and u shud be happy and relaxed now and enjoy.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 am

Congratulations!

geefty7
Newly Registered

Post by geefty7 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am

vinny wrote:Congratulations!

Thank you All so much. I am most thankful. I wish you all the best.