ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

THANKS for ILR success, PLEASE help on British citizenship.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrsuccess
Newly Registered

THANKS for ILR success, PLEASE help on British citizenship.

Post by ilrsuccess » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:47 pm

I would like to thank all the members, moderators & Admin :D who have written topics on what is needed to obtain ILR, thanks to this forum my wife’s application was successful my wife got her ILR last month (August 2009) . My wife has been in the UK for 4 years , she was granted limited leave to remain extension in 2007 to complete Esol courses after completing 2 years on spouse visa this year she completed her Esol courses and now has ILR.

I am now thinking about applying for Naturalisation as a British citizen for my wife. As I am British citizen as far as I was aware my wife could apply for naturalisation as British citizen after three years in the UK from her entry date but my friend at work is telling me you can only apply for British citizenship 1 year after ILR.

Can my wife apply for British citizenship now or does she have to wait for one year after Indefinite leave to remain like a colleague at work has suggested ?

I would be ever so greatful if some one could help me on the above question.

Thanks
Last edited by ilrsuccess on Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vinny

Re: Thanks for ILR success but need help on British citizens

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:16 pm

ilrsuccess wrote:you can only apply for British citizen 1 year after ILR.
Exception is spouse/civil partner of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrsuccess
Newly Registered

Re: Thanks for ILR success but need help on British citizens

Post by ilrsuccess » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 pm

vinny wrote:
ilrsuccess wrote:you can only apply for British citizen 1 year after ILR.
Exception is spouse/civil partner of a British citizen.
Thanks ever so much vinny :)

by what I read on the link my wife can apply anytime but in her case its been two weeks now after ILR, my wife can apply now am I correct?

ALSo please can some one help me with how much naturalisation as British citizenship fees will cost?
Last edited by ilrsuccess on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:30 pm

She may apply (at any time) when she's eligible. Also important for her to be present in the UK at the start of her qualifying period, etc. Suggest she uses the NCS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrsuccess
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsuccess » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanks Vinny

I don't have a Nationalty Checking Service in my area. That means me and my wife have to apply by our selves.

PLease can some one post a copy of the most up to date Form (AN) for British citizenship or provide a link to the Form. As I can't locate the form on the home office website.

Many thanks

ilrsuccess
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsuccess » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:31 pm

ilrsuccess wrote:Thanks Vinny

I don't have a Nationalty Checking Service in my area. That means me and my wife have to apply by our selves.

PLease can some one post a copy of the most up to date Form (AN) for British citizenship or provide a link to the Form. As I can't locate the form on the home office website.

Many thanks
Anyone :?: :?: :?:

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 pm

ilrsuccess
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsuccess » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH

cancel_all
Newly Registered

naturalization after ilr

Post by cancel_all » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi
Kinda' on the same subject.
Both me and my husband are Romanian citizens with ILR (obtained in November 2008). We are now looking at applying for naturalization.
My understanding was that you can do that after 1 year of having ILR, but you also have to meet some other requirements. My husband will be fine, he has been working as SE from sept 2003.
I am not that lucky. We got married in oct 2005 and I have been here ever since, first 3 month on a tourist visa and then on a spouse visa. I applied and got a blue card in 2007 and have been working here since feb 2006.
All together, including the time spent on the tourist visa, at the time when we want to apply for naturalization I will have been here for 4 years and one month with one year ILR. Can I apply for naturalization or should I wait until my husband gets his and then apply as a spouse of a British citizen?
Only reason we are in a hurry is that we have to go back home for about 6 month and would like to have things sorted out before we leave.
Any advice on this will be appreciated.