ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT query regarding Photographs !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSI GEEK

URGENT query regarding Photographs !!!

Post by MSI GEEK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:58 pm

My application for Tier 1 regarding was sent on 5th Sep 2009 and received by BA today on 07 September 2009

I am doubtful that the photos sent meet all requirements of BA.

How do I send NEW photos to BA that meet all requirements

I have NOT received reference number yet.

Please advise what can be done now to rectify the situation?

Do I wait to receive the reference number first. Will they INVALID my application soon after acknowledgement.

My points will be affected as my birthday approaches in a couple of days...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: URGENT query regarding Photographs !!!

Post by mvent00 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Please see this link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... ctcentres/

The email address below is for applicants in the United Kingdom with general enquiries about making an application under the Immigration Rules or the points-based system. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about the status of individual cases via email. If your enquiry is about an application which is being made overseas, please visit the Visa services website. If your enquiry is about any other matter, please see the appropriate section below for details.

Phone: 0870 606 7766
Textphone: 0800 389 8289
Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY
Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 0900 to 1645. Friday 0900 to 1630.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE!!!!

Please wait for response from seniors!!

MSI GEEK wrote:My application for Tier 1 regarding was sent on 5th Sep 2009 and received by BA today on 07 September 2009

I am doubtful that the photos sent meet all requirements of BA.

How do I send NEW photos to BA that meet all requirements

I have NOT received reference number yet.

Please advise what can be done now to rectify the situation?

Do I wait to receive the reference number first. Will they INVALID my application soon after acknowledgement.

My points will be affected as my birthday approaches in a couple of days...

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: URGENT query regarding Photographs !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see this link:

The email address below is for applicants in the United Kingdom with general enquiries about making an application under the Immigration Rules or the points-based system. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about the status of individual cases via email. If your enquiry is about an application which is being made overseas, please visit the Visa services website. If your enquiry is about any other matter, please see the appropriate section below for details.

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

Thanks for your reply.

I am ready to sent NEW Photos as soon as I get a Reference Number (ACKNOWLEDGEMENT)

Can I call up HO or BA and ask for reference number by Last Name/DOB?

I hope they do not invalide my application because of photogragh

My face is 35 mm out 45 mm height in the photos sent

everything else seems fine.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:31 pm

MSI GEEK wrote:

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: URGENT query regarding Photographs !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see this link:

Thanks for your reply.

I am ready to sent NEW Photos as soon as I get a Reference Number (ACKNOWLEDGEMENT)

I see that you are asking the same question again and again in different threads - wait for the acknowledgement number and then send your new photographs. they may or may not be considered by the case worker as it is up to their discretion. Please don't get paranoid, stay calm and it'll be fine.
Regards,
crowbar6

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:53 pm

refer the link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pbs/193059

It says the photos will be rejected, applications to be rejected as Invalid ONLY for FLR (M), FLR (S), ICFN (RC)

does photo reject "ALWAYS" means Invalid application.

The photographs which you have to provide with your application must be in the format specified below. These format requirements meet internationally agreed standards. If the photographs are not in this format, they will be rejected - and in some cases the application will also be rejected as invalid. In particular, the format specified in the first list of requirements below is mandatory where an application for a biometric immigration document is made. At present this means applications on forms FLR(M), FLR(S) and ICFN(RC). Please note that applications on these forms will be rejected as invalid if any of the photographs provided fail to meet any of the mandatory format requirements. If that happens, you will have to reapply and you may lose appeal rights.

The requirements listed above are mandatory
for some applications – see introduction.

Does some applications mean the given three:

FLR (M), FLR (S), ICFN (RC)

It does not say Tier 1 extension...

Are the photos considered upfront (initially) or in the end when the CO is about to finalise the decision.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 am

35 mm is just 1 mm more than required format. If only this is the problem, I think you do not worry and let it be. I hope it would be okay.

Even in the photo guidance they have provided, the lady and kid's pictures which they have declared as good, are less than 27 mm, while above they have mentioned that minimum should be 29 mm.

In your case the difference is so negligible (1 mm) and apparently they are not going to measure all photos with a ruler. If I am at your place, for only 1 mm difference, I would not send photos again, as it may create doubt about application, which otherwise may not have any problem.

MSI GEEK wrote:

Please see this link:

Thanks for your reply.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:26 pm

My face in the photo from chin to crown (without hair) is LESS than 34 mm. However , WITH HAIR, it is more than 34 mm.

The measurement is WITH/WITHOUT HAIR.

I am afraid my photo could be rejected because of:

"Face too close to Camera"

It seems to meet all other requirements mentioned.

But, due to sluggish economy, COs hunt for a reason to reject.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 pm

The irony of this post is that it makes it seem like caseworkers have nothing else to reject on and are sitting with scales on the tables measuring our photographs!!! hahahha...reall who really knows if they are!!!!!!

You should be alright poster...