ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i eligible to apply for Tier 1...plz clarify

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AJNAB2001
Newly Registered

Am i eligible to apply for Tier 1...plz clarify

Post by AJNAB2001 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:06 am

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I found this forum to be very helpful to clarify major queries.

I am planning to apply for tier1 in Nov, i am attaining all the points required, but my problem is, i use to work in a private company till 2 months back. so i am not working now & searchng. I just wonder if i apply now, will embassy reject, bcoz i am not working now. is ii mandatory that applicant has to be in working state. My previous company is closed bcoz of recession.

Please guyz guide me....

Regards,
Ajnab

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Am i eligible to apply for Tier 1...plz clarify

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:23 am

AJNAB2001 wrote:Hello all,
I just wonder if i apply now, will embassy reject, bcoz i am not working now. is ii mandatory that applicant has to be in working state. My previous company is closed bcoz of recession.
You don;t have to be working to apply for Tier-1. As long as you are meeting the qualifying criteria you are good to apply for tier-1.

AJNAB2001
Newly Registered

Post by AJNAB2001 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Tnx guru..........bit relaved

nksg

Re: Am i eligible to apply for Tier 1...plz clarify

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:36 pm

If you have the points, and documentation to prove it, you should be fine. I know few guys who applied after being made redundant and the application was successful.. so all the best!!
AJNAB2001 wrote:Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I found this forum to be very helpful to clarify major queries.

I am planning to apply for tier1 in Nov, i am attaining all the points required, but my problem is, i use to work in a private company till 2 months back. so i am not working now & searchng. I just wonder if i apply now, will embassy reject, bcoz i am not working now. is ii mandatory that applicant has to be in working state. My previous company is closed bcoz of recession.

Please guyz guide me....

Regards,
Ajnab