ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation: Latest issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

Translation: Latest issue

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:16 pm

The translator is saying that he will put his stamp on original documents as well as on the translated ones. Does anyone have idea about it? Thank you.

plz see below
Last edited by mvent00 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: translator stamp on original documents.

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm

mvent00 wrote:The translator is saying that he will put his stamp on original documents as well as on the translated ones. Does anyone have idea about it? Thank you.
The translator shouldn't be putting any stamp on the original docs as these are not issued by him. Look for another translator or first get a Certified True Copy of the original made and then get that translated.
Regards,
crowbar6

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Thank you. From the guidance also it is clear that only trnaslation must be certified.
"If you apply for TIER of the Points Based System and the original document is not in English (or Welsh), the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator."

Did you submit any translated material for your past applications??

crowbar6 wrote:
mvent00 wrote:The translator is saying that he will put his stamp on original documents as well as on the translated ones. Does anyone have idea about it? Thank you.
The translator shouldn't be putting any stamp on the original docs as these are not issued by him. Look for another translator or first get a Certified True Copy of the original made and then get that translated.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:53 pm

mvent00 wrote:Thank you. From the guidance also it is clear that only trnaslation must be certified.
"If you apply for TIER of the Points Based System and the original document is not in English (or Welsh), the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator."

crowbar6 wrote:
Hi mvent,
I have submitted translation for my initial HSMP application. Translator was affiliated with Institute of Translation and Interpreting(a govt. agency) and he provided me the letter of certification(which basically states that translation was done by him on x date and he can be contacted if somebody has any doubt in translation).
Also note some solicitors do verify you documents but verification and certification of translation is different.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Thank you Chetanojha, I am going to work according to your advice and would try sort it out at the earliest. Thank you so much.
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Thank you. From the guidance also it is clear that only trnaslation must be certified.

crowbar6 wrote:
Hi mvent,
I have submitted translation for my initial HSMP application. Translator was affiliated with Institute of Translation and Interpreting(a govt. agency) and he provided me the letter of certification(which basically states that translation was done by him on x date and he can be contacted if somebody has any doubt in translation).
Also note some solicitors do verify you documents but verification and certification of translation is different.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:53 pm

What does this certified translation mean? Does it mean "notarized translation"? Or simple translation on the translator´s official pad with his stamp, signatures, and date? Thanks in advance for your reply.
chetanojha wrote:

crowbar6 wrote:
Hi mvent,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:04 pm

mvent00 wrote:What does this certified translation mean? Does it mean "notarized translation"? Or simple translation on the translator´s official pad with his stamp, signatures, and date? Thanks in advance for your reply
Saw that coming ;-) Solicitors generally confuse people with terminology.

Notarized translation is different which is done by Notary Public. You don;t need Notarrized translation.

You need certified translation. That's why i said, once you get your translation done from translator, also get a letter from him saying he has done the translation (which is like a certificate of the translation)

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks Chetanojha, you deserve to be a Guru!!
He was showing me the formats, first one was notarized, as you have mentioned. The second one is translation on his official pad, with sign, signtures and date of translation.
So, the second option plus a letter from him about translation would be enough??
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:What does this certified translation mean? Does it mean "notarized translation"? Or simple translation on the translator´s official pad with his stamp, signatures, and date? Thanks in advance for your reply
Saw that coming ;-) Solicitors generally confuse people with terminology.

Notarized translation is different which is done by Notary Public. You don;t need Notarrized translation.

You need certified translation. That's why i said, once you get your translation done from translator, also get a letter from him saying he has done the translation (which is like a certificate of the translation)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm

mvent00 wrote:Thanks Chetanojha, you deserve to be a Guru!!
He was showing me the formats, first one was notarized, as you have mentioned. The second one is translation on his official pad, with sign, signtures and date of translation.
So, the second option plus a letter from him about translation would be enough??
Hi mvent,

Yes the second option is better than first one. You can have the translation in normal paper as well (with engraved seal of the translator on each page) along with letter/certificate from him.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 am

Thanks a lot Chetan for your precious advice.
Regards,
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Thanks Chetanojha, you deserve to be a Guru!!
Hi mvent,

Yes the second option is better than first one. You can have the translation in normal paper as well (with engraved seal of the translator on each page) along with letter/certificate from him.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Translation issues.

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 am

Another issue about translation. The translator is a lawyer but on the translated documents, he would be putting his company's stamp, which is a legal and registered translation company.

As guidance says, a professional translator, does it matter if he puts his company's stamp on the translated pages? Or should I insist him to put his personal stamp, if he has any?

Also, he has given me the visiting card of his company that shows that it is a translation office. Is it okay if I attach this card with cover letter?

The related paragraph in guidance says: Where a document is not in English (or Welsh), the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

I am asking a letter from the translator with following format. Would you please have a look of it if it is okay or not?

Declaration

I, ............ , an authorised professional translator, hereby declare that I have done the translation work for Mr.......................... in support of his Tier 1 general visa application, from .............language to English language. I also confirm that to the best of my knowledge it is an accurate ENGLISH translation of the original documents. Please feel free to contact me if you have any querries about this translation.
Sincerely yours,
Signature, date, and stamp.

chetanojha wrote: Hi mvent,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Translation issues.

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 am

mvent00 wrote:Another issue about translation. The translator is a lawyer but on the translated documents, he would be putting his company's stamp, which is a legal and registered translation company.

As guidance says, a professional translator, does it matter if he puts his company's stamp on the translated pages? Or should I insist him to put his personal stamp, if he has any? Company stamp is fine. Many times translation agency hires multiple translators who work under same roof i.e. company.

Also, he has given me the visiting card of his company that shows that it is a translation office. Is it okay if I attach this card with cover letter? Do one thing, attached a xerox copy of your original document along with the translated document(stapled together) and ask translator to stamp that as well. This will make sure translator has translated the same document as you are presenting. Visiting card is fine too as translators details will be there anyway on his declaration.

The related paragraph in guidance says: Where a document is not in English (or Welsh), the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator.

I am asking a letter from the translator with following format. Would you please have a look of it if it is okay or not?

Declaration

I, ............ , an authorised professional translator, hereby declare that I have done the translation work for Mr.......................... in support of his Tier 1 general visa application, from .............language to English language. I also confirm that to the best of my knowledge it is an accurate ENGLISH translation of the original documents. Please feel free to contact me if you have any querries about this translation.
Sincerely yours,

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:44 am

Thanks Chetan, xerox copy is an incredible idea, I will do that. So, declaration is okay or any other imendment?
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Another issue about translation. The translator is a lawyer but on the translated documents, he would be putting his company's stamp, which is a legal and registered translation company.

As guidance says, a professional translator, does it matter if he puts his company's stamp on the translated pages? Or should I insist him to put his personal stamp, if he has any? Company stamp is fine. Many times translation agency hires multiple translators who work under same roof i.e. company.

Also, he has given me the visiting card of his company that shows that it is a translation office. Is it okay if I attach this card with cover letter? Do one thing, attached a xerox copy of your original document along with the translated document(stapled together) and ask translator to stamp that as well. This will make sure translator has translated the same document as you are presenting. Visiting card is fine too as translators details will be there anyway on his declaration.

Declaration

Sincerely yours,

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am

mvent00 wrote:Thanks Chetan, xerox copy is an incredible idea, I will do that. So, declaration is okay or any other imendment?
Yeah. It is fine,presuming it will be on translator's letter head.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks, yes it would be on letter head.
Best regards,
chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Thanks Chetan, xerox copy is an incredible idea, I will do that. So, declaration is okay or any other imendment?
Yeah. It is fine,presuming it will be on translator's letter head.