ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is that true?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newlife2009

Is that true?

Post by newlife2009 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am

Base on my own county passport,my 2 years spouse visa using my maiden name, I know that I will need to use maiden name on my ILR application.

Does anyone know, if I can put my married name on the naturalization certificate and British passport (without change my own country passport)?

Some website said, I can use any name in naturalization certificate and British passport whatever I like, Is that true?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 pm

My wife was naturalised in her previous name, but her British passport was issued in our married name, by submitting the marriage certificate with the passport application.

newlife2009

Post by newlife2009 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:29 am

Mr Rusty wrote:My wife was naturalised in her previous name, but her British passport was issued in our married name, by submitting the marriage certificate with the passport application.

As you said that "your wife was naturalised in her previous name",
Is it because she followed her own country passport to use her maiden name?

And "her British passport was issued in our married name, by submitting the marriage certificate with the passport application",
I know that if apply FLR (M)/ILR (SET M), it needs to follow the own county passport, is it if I apply british passport, I just put the marriage certificate with application?