ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application withdraw

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

Application withdraw

Post by houman1979 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:15 am

Dear All,

I applied for Tier 4 on 19th August. I am from Iran and I applied in Abu Dhabi (becasue UK embassy in Iran closed). Due to very intelligent rules by british I had to come to UAE on tourist visa, stay in Hotel and bear a huge cost because they get my passport. At the time of apply they told me that you will receive answer in one week but after 10 days they told me that it may takes up to three weeks!!! Then, I withdrew my application and dont think about UK more.

My question is that, can I get a letter that shows I withdraw my application and not rejected. I need it as I may apply for another country next year. Then, I want to show it to them.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Regards

icecool
- thin ice -

Post by icecool » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

i withdrawed my application for the uk student visa about 2 weeks ago but for not the same reason as yours because the visa letter provided by the college was incorrect...i also hated the stamp on my passport but I re-applied for the uk again..However in your case i think you should ask the embassy to give you this in written,however if they refuse to do so what you can do is whenever your filling a new visa application for a different country there is always some space given to the candidate to write something in support of his/her application....Than in that space you can write that your application was not rejected infact you voluntarily withdrawed the application and the stamp is suggesting the withdrawl of the application not the rejection of it...

hope this helps..

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of Application

Post by farrukh37 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 am

Hi ,

I have also applied for Student visa in uk since jan,2009. Now its almost 9th month , i want to withdraw my application as my mother is not feeling well back home and i must have to leave in emergency , can u guide me how much time they take to send application back, ?

second reason of taking my passport back is , i am eligible to apply for PSW visa before 15 Nov,2009.

Please guide me for an emergency application withdrawal.

Regards,

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 am

Thank you for your help. But there is no need to more explanation as they wrote themself in my passport and above the stamp "WITHDRAWN". therefore there is no need to provdide more document.

About application for withdrawal it is very straightforward. I filled a form and then they give me back my passport next day after 7 hours!!! However,I am outside UK and I dont know about inside application.