ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment problems - Visa Debit Card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Payment problems - Visa Debit Card

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I have recently sent my application for Tier 2 (General). I have given my Visa Debit Card (from HSBC) details for payment.

However, while reading the notes, I found that they only accept debit cards of types Delta, Maestro and Solo. Is that correct?

My debit card is of type Visa, so will this be an issue? If so, what might the next action of the home office be?

I'll be glad if someone clarifies this, or if someone can confirm they've been able to pay by a Visa Debit Card.

For reference, my application was received there on Saturday and the payment has not been taken from my account yet!

Please advise on this. Many thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Payment problems - Visa Debit Card

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 pm

RealGenuine wrote:I have recently sent my application for Tier 2 (General). I have given my Visa Debit Card (from HSBC) details for payment.

However, while reading the notes, I found that they only accept debit cards of types Delta, Maestro and Solo. Is that correct?

My debit card is of type Visa, so will this be an issue? If so, what might the next action of the home office be?

I'll be glad if someone clarifies this, or if someone can confirm they've been able to pay by a Visa Debit Card.

For reference, my application was received there on Saturday and the payment has not been taken from my account yet!

Please advise on this. Many thanks.
Usually they should contact you or send a letter to your contact address provided on the payement page to clarify the details, you shd receive this letter or call in 5-7days time.. though

in the application page 4 states something like this:

Please note that your application is invalid
if you do not pay the specified fee in full or
if you pay by any method other than those
specified above.
You will be required to
make a fresh application, and any delay in
doing so may affect your appeal rights if
your application is subsequently refused.

Contact HO and ask for the procedure if u need to make a fresh application??

Seniors please add ur views...

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Visa Debit Cards Acceptable?

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 pm

But do they accept "Visa" Debit Cards?

This thread assumes they do as there are some people that have paid this way:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 059d22c576

Please clarify on this subject.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Payment problems - Visa Debit Card

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 pm

RealGenuine wrote:However, while reading the notes, I found that they only accept debit cards of types Delta, Maestro and Solo. Is that correct?

In my earlier post I was refering to ur this sentence incase?? wat will be the outcomes..

In my case in jan 09 i had HSBC Mastero Debit card which i paid as it is ok but now HSBC has replaced those mastero with VISA..

So as per the above statement in RED, it is clear that they accept only Delta and Mastero Debit cards..

SO, i think you shd pay ur fees with you HSBC Mastercard - Credit card though it may take few days more but it is sure u are following the rules n u can buy peace of mind...

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Application already sent

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:09 pm

The thing is, I have already posted my application. I am not sure what actions they might take next. I would have thought they would accept Visa Debit Cards. I am anxious this might impact the decision process.

Is there any way of contacting them to rectify this issue (if ever this is an issue) by sending/faxing them the correct details?

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Application already sent

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

RealGenuine wrote:The thing is, I have already posted my application. I am not sure what actions they might take next. I would have thought they would accept Visa Debit Cards. I am anxious this might impact the decision process.

Is there any way of contacting them to rectify this issue (if ever this is an issue) by sending/faxing them the correct details?

Thanks
Yeah i got ur point..

when did u send ur application.. usually they shd get back to you in a weeks time max if there is any problem with the payment process.

Did u receive ref letter(i dont think so as they dont send this until payment is done).. if you have Royal Mail Delivery reg no. you can fill in the fresh application for the payment part with correct details and add a cover letter to it with RM Delivery Reg no. reference and Fax them and post them as well..

would wait for other seniors to chip in.. to handle this situation..

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:48 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion. So, if I send the payment part again with a cover letter, that would be acceptable?

I sent my application on Friday 04/09. No I have not received any acknowledgement letter yet.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:03 pm

I would suggest to contact the HO by email and Phone and ask them how to deal in this situation.. (unless some well-informed seniors have proper procedure to deal in this situation)

Call them right now and send an email to them right away..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/
phone number is 0870 606 7766
EmailID: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them. But if anyone has anything to chip in, please do so, I will be most grateful.

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Payment Cleared!!

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I just checked my bank statement online and found that the payment has been cleared! Phew!

My Visa debit card has been accepted. Thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Payment Cleared!!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:24 pm

RealGenuine wrote:I just checked my bank statement online and found that the payment has been cleared! Phew!

Wonderful news buddy.. :lol:

Now you know answer for this query to help any new applicants in future..

Good luck on ur application..

krab119
Newly Registered

Post by krab119 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 am

HI,any updates bout your prob? By the way,i also did that once and the option i did was to lend my friends card whose card is accepted and of course his name as the buyer. Cause i really can't access the payment through my visa card. Thanks!

Regards,
krab119
Placement financier

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:39 pm

krab119 wrote:HI,any updates bout your prob? By the way,i also did that once and the option i did was to lend my friends card whose card is accepted and of course his name as the buyer. Cause i really can't access the payment through my visa card. Thanks!

Regards,
krab119
Placement financier
My payment via my Visa Debit card was accepted, so it's not a problem paying by Visa Debit cards.

Kalyanthatsme
Newly Registered

Post by Kalyanthatsme » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 pm

HI,

My payment through Debit Card Maestro was rejected by bank. Actually in Payment form (i.e. Section A4 and A5) I have given my Employer address and Card was mine.

Can you please tell me if this was the reason for home office returning my application as invalid.

Is it necessary that address provided on Payment form must be same as what is in the bank.

Waiting for your reply

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am

Kalyanthatsme wrote:Can you please tell me if this was the reason for home office returning my application as invalid.
I don't know, could likely be true though.
Kalyanthatsme wrote:Is it necessary that address provided on Payment form must be same as what is in the bank.
It is best to give the address on which the card is registered, which is what I did.

Kalyanthatsme
Newly Registered

Post by Kalyanthatsme » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Can any one please confirm this.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:42 am

Kalyanthatsme, I can't tell why your application was rejectedm because I don't know what the rest of it said, but did any payment clear from your bank account? If it did then your card details are likely not the issue.

Often, online payment systems ask for the address of the account-holder as a security measure. However, I have looked at the payment page, where you fill in your details, and I don't think that the address can be the issue. This is because you are allowed to have a representative put their address there if you want correspondence to go to them. The advice at the beginning of the form says:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... onform.pdf
A4-A5 If the address for correspondence is different from your home address in the UK, please give that address at 3. If a solicitor or other authorised immigration adviser is submitting the application, it should be their address at A4 and their name at A5.
I wonder if there is some other problem...[/quote]

alicestevens
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicestevens » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

RealGenuine wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm
I just checked my bank statement online and found that the payment has been cleared! Phew!

oh my goodness...only JUST discovered this post. I just did the same Thing RBS debit card... ah man I feel sick. ideally hope there isn't a problem. it's Friday night now I will have to call them on Monday.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 pm

alicestevens wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm
RealGenuine wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm

oh my goodness...only JUST discovered this post. I just did the same Thing RBS debit card... ah man I feel sick. ideally hope there isn't a problem. it's Friday night now I will have to call them on Monday.
This topic is 9 years old from 2009 and the members no long active on the forum since 2009.

Kindly refrain from digging up old topics to tag onto and rather start your own topic with your questions and circumstances. thanks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.