ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NishantJ
Newly Registered

Query regarding bank statements

Post by NishantJ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi All,

My tier-1 General visa appointment is next week at Cryodon.
I have 2 questions regarding bank statements.
First one is related to previous earnings requirement and the next one maintenance funds requirement.

I have 12 months HSBC bank statements which I get every month via post to prove my previous earnings along with original pay slips.

These statements are original, however not stamped and signed.
Are these acceptable?

To prove maintenance funds I got the latest statement from HSBC local bank, since my last original statement will be more than 1 month old on the visa appointment day, however they did not sign and stamp it since it seems that they have stopped stamping and signing ad-hoc bank statements.

They did give the latest statement on a HSBC company headed paper with my name and account number on it though, but refused to stamp and sign it.

Will this temporary statement from HSBC (on a HSBC letter headed paper) without stamp and sign ?

I am still hopeful that last months original statement comes by post before my application date, however it depends on when the post reaches my door steps :(

Please help!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:40 pm

1. Yes that would be acceptable.
2. If HSBC didn't stamped it, walkin into another HSBC branch and try from that branch. Beside, HSBC Branch on Wellesley Road,Croydon does give stamp on temp statement.

jitendar
Newly Registered

Post by jitendar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm

just go to customer care and request for a statement by post, it takes 7-10 days and they might charge £5 or less for it. But then there will be no reason that statement will need any sign or stamp on it and no chances that it will get rejected

NishantJ
Newly Registered

Post by NishantJ » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for the help.
I did go to the local bank and ask them to send me the latest statement by post.

it arrived in 6 days.