ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smartchap2k

ILR qualification

Post by smartchap2k » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 pm

I came to UK on Student visa in September 2002 and graduated in July 2004 with Masters Degree from Leeds uni.

My work permit IED (Immigration employment document) was approved on 20th October 2004 but my leave to remain was stamped on the passport in 14th April 2005 (i.e. unfortunately a staggering 5 and half months after IED approval).

The current qualifying period for ILR is 5 years. (or 4 years 11 months ?)

Does my qualifying period starts from work permit IED approval (i.e. October 2004) or Leave to remain stamp on passport (i.e. .April 2005)

In a nutshell…

IED approval – October 2004

FLR stamped – April 2005

Qualifying date for ILR - October 2009 or April 2010?? Please advice

If March 2010 (which is likely) - can i apply 28 days before the qualifiying period if i want to apply in Person at PEO Croydon? or that applies only for applications in post??

Again is there any time limit = that in order to be eligible for ILR the applicant should not be outside UK for more than 180 days over 5 years period?

Many thanks in advance

smartchap2k

smartchap2k

Please advise about ILR qualification period

Post by smartchap2k » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Shocked.... no advise yet ! with all these member of standing and sage around here.. :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi Vinny,

Many thanks for the help. I am clear about the start of qualifying period. However still not sure of the following. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If March 2010 (which is likely) - can i apply 28 days before the qualifiying period if i want to apply in Person at PEO Croydon? or that applies only for applications in post??

Again is there any time limit = that in order to be eligible for ILR the applicant should not be outside UK for more than 180 days over 5 years period?

Kind Regards,

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Yes you can apply 28 days before the date stamped on your passport, you can apply in person at PEO or send it by post.

And yes there is a time limit, you should not have stayed outside UK for more than 180 days in total last 5 years and not more than 90 days at a stretch.
Magsi

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 pm

Many thanks Magsi for the prompt response. :D

However my understanding from reading the guidance notes was - the 28 days before the date stamped on your passport only applies for postal applications. Is is applicable even for appying in person at PEO for sure? :?: - May be i misinterpreted the notes.

can someone please point me out to any documentation about this please?

Many thanks in advance. :)