ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regularising status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flo rida
Newly Registered

regularising status

Post by flo rida » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:15 am

hi

i recently got my ILR and i am married, 2 kids born here. my partner has been illegally here since jan, 1999. how do we go about regularising his status. can i also apply for the kids' registration . thanks all for responses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:02 am

Immediately after you are granted settlement/PR, your kids are entitled to register for British citizenship, under section 1(3).

284(i) prevents visitors or people with six months leave or less (except Fiancé(e) visa holders) from switching to FLR(M) status. But having children may help. However, spouse may be granted Discretionary leave.

It may be easier applying for a spouse visa, subject to the maintenance and accommodation requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.