ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In desperate need of advice!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pressy
Newly Registered

In desperate need of advice!!!

Post by Pressy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi all,

I was in the UK for 2 years under the HSMP visa, I applied for an extension/switch to tier 1, 3 months before my visa was due to expire. My application was rejected and I was told that I have no right of appeal as I still had leave to remain. I felt strongly about the refusal and wrote a letter ( through my agent) to the Home Office but I heard nothing from them what so ever. My Visa expired on the 3rd of Sep 2009, since I did not hear anything from them I left the UK and came back to India. As luck would have it my agent received a letter from the Home office on the 4th of Sep accepting the fault and granting me the extension and requested for my passport to stamp the Visa. I was already in India and when I contacthed the Home Office after maybe a thousand attempts they told me that I have to contact my local Embassy as I was not in the UK. I made a number of attempts to contact the Embassy in Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi but I was always bumed off to someone else as they dont deal with extension applications. When I call the Home Ofiice they just bum me off to contact my local embassy. I am really frustrated. I understand that it is not leagal to post passports across borders so I am really stuck......anyone with any suggestions please advice..

push
United Kingdom

Re: In desperate need of advice!!!

Post by push » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Pressy wrote:Hi all,

I was in the UK for 2 years under the HSMP visa, I applied for an extension/switch to tier 1, 3 months before my visa was due to expire. My application was rejected and I was told that I have no right of appeal as I still had leave to remain. I felt strongly about the refusal and wrote a letter ( through my agent) to the Home Office but I heard nothing from them what so ever. My Visa expired on the 3rd of Sep 2009, since I did not hear anything from them I left the UK and came back to India. As luck would have it my agent received a letter from the Home office on the 4th of Sep accepting the fault and granting me the extension and requested for my passport to stamp the Visa. I was already in India and when I contacthed the Home Office after maybe a thousand attempts they told me that I have to contact my local Embassy as I was not in the UK. I made a number of attempts to contact the Embassy in Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi but I was always bumed off to someone else as they dont deal with extension applications. When I call the Home Ofiice they just bum me off to contact my local embassy. I am really frustrated. I understand that it is not leagal to post passports across borders so I am really stuck......anyone with any suggestions please advice..
Cant you ask HO to write a letter to BHC INdia, marking a copy to you for further processing? For all practical purposes you still have a valid VISA - its just that its not stamped on your passport. Make the two entities talk to each other and hopefully they will work out something. Its true that you can not send your passport through post to HO but I guess the same can be arranged through BHC India.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:34 pm

without wasting any time lodge a complain both at your local high commission and the Home `Office here using the correct contact details. For my experience its the best way to get them talk to you.

If you dont mind could you please post your orignal refusal for others and your point of contention?

Best of luck.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: In desperate need of advice!!!

Post by mvent00 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:46 am

I think you should get that letter from your agent and then contact your local embassy with that letter for extension. Also send an email to the HO attaching the copy of that letter and telling that you are going to apply in India, cc to the embassy where you are going to apply. As it was their fault and you obeying the law, left UK, I think in the end you should be fine. Good luck.
Pressy wrote:Hi all,

Pressy
Newly Registered

Post by Pressy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks Guys,

Does anybody know how do I lodge a complaint at the British Embassy in Chennai?