ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help in appendix 8 tier 4 general Application form..

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

icecool
- thin ice -

Need help in appendix 8 tier 4 general Application form..

Post by icecool » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:19 pm

Hey im filling out a new application after withdrawing my application for a tier 4 visa because the college date has passed away now im re-applying with a new intake date on a new visa letter...

The visa letter contains everything there is a little doubt tho...

the start and end date of the course is 7th october 2010 and end date 1st august 2010..

The duration of the course is written as one year but if we count the months on our fingers its 10 months...

So on question 6.1 where it ask you to state the lenght of the course in calender months should i write 12 months or should i write 10 months??

im kinda confused about it??I mean the duration of the course one years means it 12 months but if i count the time on my fingers its only 10 months....

SO what should i write?Shoul i leave it Blank because the ECO is going to give visa according to his discretion only....

I emailed the college and they told me that i should write 12 months Because the ECO dont give visa accoring to that question and the visa is granted at their own discretion...

So should i write 12 months?

gourav
Newly Registered

Post by gourav » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm

My date also expires on 14th septemeber .i still havent got my visa.Do u advise me to withdraw and apply again?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Need help in appendix 8 tier 4 general Application form.

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi
the start and end date of the course is 7th october 2010 and end date 1st august 2010..

The duration of the course is written as one year but if we count the months on our fingers its 10 months...

Well you suppose to write what is given in your visa letters.
I explain further.According to Tier 4 Guideline if your course start

Read paragraph 39 which clearly says if course start part of month they will round it to next month.So 7 Oct is rounded to complete one month,similarly 1 august is rounded to full months.So your totla course duration is 12 months.Not 10 moths.
So on question 6.1 where it ask you to state the lenght of the course in calender months should i write 12 months or should i write 10 months??

12 Months Read page 14 and paragrph39 of Tier4 Guideline for detail.
SO what should i write?Should i leave it Blank because the ECO is going to give visa according to his discretion only....
Nonsense.No way you should leave it blank

[
b]I emailed the college and they told me that i should write 12 months Because the ECO dont give visa according to that question and the visa is granted at their own discretion...
I already explain this.You should write 12 months
So should i write 12 months?
Yes indeed 12 months.No question about it.

icecool
- thin ice -

Post by icecool » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:27 am

[quote="gourav"]My date also expires on 14th septemeber .i still havent got my visa.Do u advise me to withdraw and apply again?[/quote]

They should give you a visa as far as i think if your college have given the latest date for joining...If the college dont have problem you joing them late than i think they will grant you a visa..If you think that the college may have problem than withdraw your application and apply again.