ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent appointment for Tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Urgent appointment for Tier1 extension

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi Forum,

I just came to know that I might have to fly to another country on a company assignment in mid October. Now I am on HSMP and was planning to apply for extension in the last week of September, but that will engage my passport and will render me unable to attend the conference.

I know I can apply for an in-person appointment, but that will be 6 weeks from now, even if I get it and that will be too late for me.

Is there any premium service I can use to get an urgent appointment for my Tier1 application? Is the in-person application the fastest way to get an appointment and an extension?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent appointment for Tier1 extension

Post by nionlight » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

I just came to know that I might have to fly to another country on a company assignment in mid October. Now I am on HSMP and was planning to apply for extension in the last week of September, but that will engage my passport and will render me unable to attend the conference.

I know I can apply for an in-person appointment, but that will be 6 weeks from now, even if I get it and that will be too late for me.

Is there any premium service I can use to get an urgent appointment for my Tier1 application? Is the in-person application the fastest way to get an appointment and an extension?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards
some solicitors can make urgent appointment. they have different slots. i had got mine within 3 days notice. but you will need to pay solicitors service charge.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Based on what I have heard - In addition to their normal daily quota (does one really exist??) the Solicitors also get slots for the appointments cancelled. Worth giving a try, I think
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks Nionlight and Push for your suggestions.

Anyone with first-hand experience with such solicitors, specially in the Cambridge/London area, even otherwise?

Regards

Waiting123
Newly Registered

Post by Waiting123 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 am

Just to add.

I was in the same position as you, desperate for appointment.
I used to call home office every one hour every single day.
some one cancelled and i took the slot.
(many people cancel appointments)

SO just keep trying you might get lucky as I did