ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa -ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confused?
Newly Registered

Spouse visa -ILR

Post by confused? » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi,
My wife is applying for a ILR under tier1 +WP category , I am on my own tier1 visa and have been in country now totally >5 years, can i apply for ilr as her dependant -

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:26 am

Yes you can.. Provided you have lived with your partner for a period of two years of course, which you will obviously be in the position of proving.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Not sure if is that simple. I think you have to have a dependent visa of your partner if you wish to be included in their application Section 319E requirement C

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm

f2k wrote:Not sure if is that simple. I think you have to have a dependent visa of your partner if you wish to be included in their application Section 319E requirement C
Absolutely correct f2k. He would need to apply for Dependant on tier 1 migrant visa and then put in the joint application for ILR. That clause slipped me.

As they both have been living together for 2 years, he would be fine, with the ILR application. That will be a faster route to ILR, than him waiting and applying for spousal after she has been granted ILR.

In fact i wonder, why OP doesn't want to apply in his own right, as he has been on tier 1 for 5 years already.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors