ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - problems with income requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

u2duttydread
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - problems with income requirement

Post by u2duttydread » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi Everybody...this is my story. I'd like to know if there is anyway around the income hurdle that would that would allow me meeting required income for extension.

Entry Clearance- Dec 07
Entered UK - Sept 08
Visa Expire - Dec 4 09

Medical reasons prevented me from arriving in UK much earlier.

Worked 2 weeks temporary employment in oct 08
Full time job started Nov 3rd 08
Total income that will earned by in the 12 month period ending oct 31 is approx. 17,000

I heard that starting a part-time business could help with income not earned
I need to apply for FLR by Oct 31.

I have had extra funds wired from my home country into my bank account over the 12 month period.

Is it too late to register a business and have income paid in between now and end of October ?

Can the extra funds wired into bank account over the period considered as income

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 extension - problems with income requirement

Post by push » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:05 pm

u2duttydread wrote:Hi Everybody...this is my story. I'd like to know if there is anyway around the income hurdle that would that would allow me meeting required income for extension.

Entry Clearance- Dec 07
Entered UK - Sept 08
Visa Expire - Dec 4 09

Total income that will earned by in the 12 month period ending oct 31 is approx. 17,000

I have had extra funds wired from my home country into my bank account over the 12 month period.

Is it too late to register a business and have income paid in between now and end of October ?

Can the extra funds wired into bank account over the period considered as income
Income means earned income.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

u2duttydread
Newly Registered

Post by u2duttydread » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:08 am

Thank for that.But what I wanted to know is, what is the possibility of getting an extension based on the information outlined before

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:08 pm

I don't think the extra income which you claimed outside UK while living inside UK is considered for extension appplications and that too while on tier 1 general visa...check with an immigration lawyer...

Also, whatever income you are planning to submit, it should be suppoerted with documents (proofs which are in acceptable format ny homeoffice). Just a bank statement mentioning the amount credited will not suffice for earned income...

Cheers
u2duttydread wrote:Hi Everybody...this is my story. I'd like to know if there is anyway around the income hurdle that would that would allow me meeting required income for extension.

Entry Clearance- Dec 07
Entered UK - Sept 08
Visa Expire - Dec 4 09

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:16 pm

u2duttydread wrote:Thank for that.But what I wanted to know is, what is the possibility of getting an extension based on the information outlined before
Chances are remote as UKBA will only considered EARNED income - from both part-time and full-time occupations. £17k is below the threshold and the monies which have been transferred across will not be considered unless you prove them to be a source of income. If you were to register a company, then earnings from the company will be considered but this can't be back-dated or pro-rated.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm

Live example.. which shows how the last 15months before expiry are very important to qualify for next extension.. to choose 12consecutive out of those 15..

ursbunti

Has salary in cash need to be deposited 1by1 or collective

Post by ursbunti » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:46 am

Hi Mates,
I m new member who needs to know; is it necessary that salary or wage in cash form needs to be deposited 1 by 1 or some collective amount could be deposited?
Actually I m thinking to switch over Tier 1 (General) Migrant from PSW but problem is that I got my wage in cash form and some wages i deposited in the bank account and some not. But luckily some deposit are such that they are the sum of 6 wages (cash) and some are sum of 8 wages and some are of 4.
6 deposits are like this and then all the other are 1 by 1 in cash form.
If I say the HO case worker in written form that I didnt plan to apply for this and I did some deposits in collective wages form. Can u plz let me know would it be ok?
I am much woorried about it and atlast decided to seek guidance from u people.
I would be very grateful to all of u.
Kind Regards,
Bunti

marakby
Newly Registered

Post by marakby » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:10 am

Is it true that for extension applications, money earned outside the UK can not be considered for claimed earnings? I hold the view that one can use money earned outside UK, however you can't left up.

Please advise. Thanks

maximux79 wrote:I don't think the extra income which you claimed outside UK while living inside UK is considered for extension appplications and that too while on tier 1 general visa...check with an immigration lawyer...

Also, whatever income you are planning to submit, it should be suppoerted with documents (proofs which are in acceptable format ny homeoffice). Just a bank statement mentioning the amount credited will not suffice for earned income...

Cheers

Entry Clearance- Dec 07
Entered UK - Sept 08
Visa Expire - Dec 4 09