ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement with no issue date??!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnpg

bank statement with no issue date??!

Post by gnpg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:09 pm

I have an original bank statement (with logo, account details, address, name, rules and stuff on the back page) mailed to me from the bank but it does not have the date of the statement.
None of the mailed ones seem to have an issue date (i've looked at HSBC statements and Natwest ones too). They only state the dates from when the balance starts and ends (may to september).
I can't fix it anyway since this is the most official version of the statement I can get...Will this be ok?

malli

Post by malli » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:38 pm

did you contact your bank?

ash786
BANNED

Re: bank statement with no issue date??!

Post by ash786 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:09 am

gnpg wrote:I have an original bank statement (with logo, account details, address, name, rules and stuff on the back page) mailed to me from the bank but it does not have the date of the statement.
None of the mailed ones seem to have an issue date (i've looked at HSBC statements and Natwest ones too). They only state the dates from when the balance starts and ends (may to september).
I can't fix it anyway since this is the most official version of the statement I can get...Will this be ok?
1. Which bank is is plus the statement date is very important for PSW.

gnpg

oh no....

Post by gnpg » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am

that's not good news, I've sent it off already in a panicked state without contacting my bank to see what can be done!!! now I am extremely anxious...:( :( :(
how have others gotten issue dates on their statements? should I have gone out of my way to have someone print a date on them?? none of my delivered ones actually have issue dates on them (why is that important anyway since it already shows the dates concerned...it's not like I could have printed out my statements a year in advance).

gnpg

appeal form?

Post by gnpg » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 am

just so that I will be mentally prepared, in case of rejection would I receive all my documents with an appeal form? Or is this something I have to request?

I'm looking at the Border Agency site and can't seem to find the exact process details on the site. please help.

(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /refusals/)

ash786
BANNED

Re: appeal form?

Post by ash786 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 pm

gnpg wrote:just so that I will be mentally prepared, in case of rejection would I receive all my documents with an appeal form? Or is this something I have to request?

I'm looking at the Border Agency site and can't seem to find the exact process details on the site. please help.

(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /refusals/)
1. If they do reject u visa (Hop not) then u will be given the reason for refusal and an appeal form automatically.
2. What i wud recommend you to do is to conatct u bank and get the same statements with issue dates on them ready if they reject u visa.
3. In that caseu will easily win u appeal.

gnpg

good idea...

Post by gnpg » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 am

that sounds like a good idea-
Would it be advisable I do that now? or if I had an appeal would the bank statements I would assume they'd have to be stamped within a month of the rejection date rather than the original application date?

ash786
BANNED

Re: good idea...

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 am

gnpg wrote:that sounds like a good idea-
Would it be advisable I do that now? or if I had an appeal would the bank statements I would assume they'd have to be stamped within a month of the rejection date rather than the original application date?
1. If HO does give u the right of appeal then u only have 7 days to respond and i am sure that u might not be able to get the required statements ready by that time.

2. Unless u speak to the bank now and clear this issuea nd ask them wud they be able to provide the statements within that 7 days.

malli

Post by malli » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 pm

i believe he could ask the bank for the statement but he would have to pay for them. please dont let that hold you back from getting them remember nothing in life is for free.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 pm

malli wrote:i believe he could ask the bank for the statement but he would have to pay for them. please dont let that hold you back from getting them remember nothing in life is for free.
1. I am sure he wud not mind paying £10 or £20 pounds for a 2 years PSW visa.