ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 4 - Letter confirming funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Btm91
Newly Registered

tier 4 - Letter confirming funds

Post by Btm91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:53 pm

I recently submitted my tier 4 general student visa application. And inorder to prove the maintanence funds, I submitted a letter from my bank confirming the savings account balance ( held in cash).

The letter had the following information;

My name;the account number; the date of the letter;
the financial institution’s name and logo;
the current balance;

But the tier 4 guidance policy says that the letter should also state
that there is enough money in the account (to cover my course fees and living costs). I would like to know whether this would be a problem, as my bank did not include such a statement? However, I do have sufficient funds in my bank account to cover my 1st year's course fee and living costs for 9 months.

supermannum1
Newly Registered

sufficient

Post by supermannum1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 pm

If you have sufficient fund which UKBA required, you will be fine.

Bank statement will be original statement with your name, address(recent), and closing balance(sufficient money for the course and living fees).

That all you have, eveything is OK.[/quote]

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: tier 4 - Letter confirming funds

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Btm91 wrote:I recently submitted my tier 4 general student visa application. And inorder to prove the maintanence funds, I submitted a letter from my bank confirming the savings account balance ( held in cash).

The letter had the following information;

My name;the account number; the date of the letter;
the financial institution’s name and logo;
the current balance;

But the tier 4 guidance policy says that the letter should also state
that there is enough money in the account (to cover my course fees and living costs). I would like to know whether this would be a problem, as my bank did not include such a statement? However, I do have sufficient funds in my bank account to cover my 1st year's course fee and living costs for 9 months.
Hi

If you read tier4 guideline carefully you would find that they have ask letter should cover 28 days.Now how you prove this.

Are they saying you have to show 28 days transitions.

This is confusion to me.

I believe Yes you have to show your account for 28 days.

Thats way I always advise for bank statement instead of bank letter.

UK_Banned_Member

Btm91
Newly Registered

Post by Btm91 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 am

Thank you for your replies!

The UKBA website says "Evidence must be dated no more than one month before the date of application and you must have held the money for at least 28 days. Under transition arrangements that apply until 30 September 2009, you do not need to show the funds for 28 days"

I appied on 28th of August, so I dont need to show the funds have been there for 28 days?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Btm91 wrote:Thank you for your replies!

The UKBA website says "Evidence must be dated no more than one month before the date of application and you must have held the money for at least 28 days. Under transition arrangements that apply until 30 September 2009, you do not need to show the funds for 28 days"

I appied on 28th of August, so I dont need to show the funds have been there for 28 days?
Hi

Yes indeed you are correct.

UK_Banned_Member