ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment in person or send in application?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Supermario11
Newly Registered

Appointment in person or send in application?

Post by Supermario11 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 pm

hi everyone,

I am planning to apply for PSW soon. Just wandering whether I should apply in person or just send in my application. Basically what I want is fast endorsement of the PSW.

The thing is during my student period towards my degree, I have been refused student visa extension and even though I subsequently won my appeal, there is a gap in my endorsement (roughly one and half year). I know my student visa is extended by virtue of section 3C of some act and I am lawfully here as a student during my appeal period. So will this affect my application if I go for appointment in person? What I mean is will my application be decided on that day?

Many thanks.

nemath0419
Newly Registered

Post by nemath0419 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Hello there,
If you want the visa endorsed fast, then apply in person. Applications made on paper is taking 3-4 weeks nowadays. Your previous appeal wont effect your psw application in anyway and u need to disclose this fact on the form. If u have enough points for the psw visa then there should not be any problem. I hope this helps

Regards,
Nemath

Supermario11
Newly Registered

Post by Supermario11 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, Nemath.

One question for you, Nemath. You mention I need to disclose my previous appeal in the form and I have looked through the form twice and still can't see where should I fill my previous appeal detail in the form. Can you spare some light on this please? Appreciate your help.

What I am concern is whether my previous appeal will delay my appointment in person things.... Because last time I went to appointment and they can't decided my student visa extension and they refuse to make a decision on that day. It took them nearly a year to refuse me but I subsequently won the appeal anyway. Guess I am have phobia thing, lol.