ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate showing wrong age of wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nmm

Marriage certificate showing wrong age of wife

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi,

I was just looking at my documents and found that age of my wife was wrongly written on marriage certificate. Actually there is no birth date column there only age and it is wrong. I submitted the same for entry clearance and no body notices that. Now I am bit confused what to do about that? Can anyone help please?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:54 pm

What was her real age, as at the date of marriage? What is written on the certificate? Can you get the certificate corrected by whoever issued it? Which country are we talking about?
John

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 pm

John wrote:What was her real age, as at the date of marriage? What is written on the certificate? Can you get the certificate corrected by whoever issued it? Which country are we talking about?
her real age was 26 but on marriage certificate it is 24. Its from Pakistan and I don't know if i can get a corrected certificate or not as it was issued some 12 years back and finding that registrar may be quite difficult. But i have noticed it today and i am not sure i can locate it or not.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:53 am

nmm wrote:
John wrote:What was her real age, as at the date of marriage? What is written on the certificate? Can you get the certificate corrected by whoever issued it? Which country are we talking about?
her real age was 26 but on marriage certificate it is 24. Its from Pakistan and I don't know if i can get a corrected certificate or not as it was issued some 12 years back and finding that registrar may be quite difficult. But i have noticed it today and i am not sure i can locate it or not.
You don;t need to find the same registrar again. Any registrar working in the office will be able to correct it. This is an official document and they will have record of it.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:16 pm

It is advisable to present a discrepancy free evidence. Although the case worker may simply overlook the mismatch but there is no guarantee.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Please guide me how can i get correction in the marriage certificate from Pakistan? As two signatory/witnesses are passed away. If we need to get a new copy of marriage certificate how we can get signatures? OR do we need some other letter like "To Whom It May Concern" - the age of bride is written in error etc?

Also i think that home office certainly has a copy of each document that we submitted earlier and they can compare the documents that we submit for extension.

I am really confused what to do. I have very little time and i need to apply in last week of September.

nmm

Post by nmm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

I am also thinking is there a need to submit marriage certificate? What if i don't submit marriage certificate? In the dependents forms HO don't specify any requirement for this?