ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa for Baby born in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

B1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa for Baby born in India

Post by B1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi,

I am here on the Tier 1 General visa. My wife has a dependant visa but is now in India to have our baby. I would like to know the procedure to apply for a dependant visa for the baby. Could someone please guide me on the following-:

1. Funds requirement to apply for a dependant visa for the baby. Kindly let me know the amount and the duration.
2. Do I need to submit any certificate from the council or any other authorities in the UK specifying that my house is suitable for bringing in an infant. Please let me know the procedure I need to follow.
3. My wife along with our baby plans to join me here in the UK by December 2009, by then she would have spent 7 months outside the UK. Would she have any problem re-entering the UK (do I need to re-submit any documentation, proof of funds, etc). She has a multiple entry visa. Her initial entry was in December 2008 and she returned to India in May 2009.

Thanks in advance for your time and advise!

letmec2006

Hi B1

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 am

1) Your fund requirement could (that much vague is the policy) be £ 533 or £1866, some people got £533 for three months but Check with VFS guys.

2) Tenancy agreement is must for people applying EC, 1 bedroom is fine for three of you, since babies under 1 year doesnt count as 1 person. CT bill would strengthen your claim.

3) There shouldn'd be any problem, Just 1 Q, is your wife not in Teir 1 Dependant.

Check the website http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13774537

Also Teir 1 dependant guidance.

Hope this helps

B1
Newly Registered

Thanks letmec2006!

Post by B1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks v much for your quick response. Yep, my wife is on the Tier 1 dependant visa. I was just wondering if there would be any additional procedures required for her re-entry since she would coming back in after 7 months.
Also, I heard from someone that you need to get a certificate from the health or child welfare authorities and produce it for getting the baby’s visa stamped. I am told that they check your house to see if it is safe for the child. Have you heard of this, I am trying to find out if what I heard is right and if yes, the procedure I need to follow.