ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC - surprising decision

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunandoghosh

UK NARIC - surprising decision

Post by sunandoghosh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:49 pm

UK NARIC says evaluated my USA CPA qualificstion as equivalent to UK Bachelors...

I am shocked..

USA CPA is highest accounting professional qualification in USA similar to CA in other countries.

Unlike CIMA ACCA for USA CPA one needs to have accouting education to be eligible to appear for exam. Whereas ACCA etc allows even an arts student to appear.

I wonder what to do next...???

UK NARIC is the sole agency on which UKBA relies for equivalency to masters degree which is noq required for Tier 1.

I am really not having any clue what to do next.

Senior members pls advise.

Can I appeal to NARIC is it woth it. PLS Guide.

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Also in case appeal is the only way can someone provide me good smaple letter of appeal so that i can tailor that. I amreally clueless.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: UK NARIC - surprising decision

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 am

1- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=cpa
2- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b4538d23de

Based on these threads, I think you could have sent your US CPA along with previous Accountant qualifications to NARIC. You can send PM to these guys who were discussing about the same issue some years ago, may be they do not check forum regularly but (PM) personal message will send them an email allert. Good luck!

sunandoghosh wrote:UK NARIC says evaluated my USA CPA qualificstion as equivalent to UK Bachelors...

I am shocked..

USA CPA is highest accounting professional qualification in USA similar to CA in other countries.

Unlike CIMA ACCA for USA CPA one needs to have accouting education to be eligible to appear for exam. Whereas ACCA etc allows even an arts student to appear.

UK NARIC is the sole agency on which UKBA relies for equivalency to masters degree which is noq required for Tier 1.

Last edited by mvent00 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: UK NARIC - surprising decision

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am

mvent00 wrote:1- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... hlight=cpa
2- http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b4538d23de

Based on these threads, I think you could have sent your US CPA along with previous Accountant qualifications to NARIC. You can send PM to these guys who were discussing about the same issue some years ago, may be they do not check forum regularly but (PM) personal message will send them an email allert. Good luck!

sunandoghosh wrote:UK NARIC says evaluated my USA CPA qualificstion as equivalent to UK Bachelors...

I am shocked..

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Can someone please provide me a sample letter / template for contetsing or appealing NARIC decision and asking for reconsideration to masters equivalency. I am unable to find anyhting on google by myself.

Pls help. This appeal letter is my last last hope.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:16 pm

I think it would be better if you could provide your educational backgroud details, so that the members with same field as that of yours could come up with some helpful ideas, either to make your appeal letter better or to suggest you to apply for another evaluation from NARIC.
Also, please see the following link and prepare your case accordingly
http://www.naric.org.uk/documents/Appea ... edures.pdf

sunandoghosh wrote:Can someone please provide me a sample letter / template for contetsing or appealing NARIC decision and asking for reconsideration to masters equivalency. I am unable to find anyhting on google by myself.

Pls help. This appeal letter is my last last hope.