ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Please!! Existing Student In UK - Lost Funding Source

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gymrat0302
Newly Registered

Advice Please!! Existing Student In UK - Lost Funding Source

Post by gymrat0302 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

If a Filipino student already in the UK about to start the second year of his degree course has lost the source of his funding due to economic hardship - are there any organisations who may be able to help grant or loan the money? He has UK resident family. He can't qualify for any scholarships on the British Council website of at the University.

If the money can't be raised, does anyone know what the visa position will be? Is there anyway he can remain here whilst funding is sought, or change to a work visa?

Thanks a lot!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Advice Please!! Existing Student In UK - Lost Funding So

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 pm

gymrat0302 wrote:If a Filipino student already in the UK about to start the second year of his degree course has lost the source of his funding due to economic hardship - are there any organisations who may be able to help grant or loan the money? He has UK resident family. He can't qualify for any scholarships on the British Council website of at the University.

If the money can't be raised, does anyone know what the visa position will be? Is there anyway he can remain here whilst funding is sought, or change to a work visa?

Thanks a lot!
Hi

Visa position is he would be refused straightway if you would not satisfy maintenance requirement.

Home Office dont bother what are his circumstances.

This is immigration forum if you have any immigration issue then welcome.

UK_Banned_Member

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:26 pm

There arent many organasiations who would fund an overseas students education unfortunately.

Have enough money? stay as a student, otherwise unlikely.
Magsi

gymrat0302
Newly Registered

Post by gymrat0302 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks for the help, I feared that was the case but we need to try everything right now.

[quote] This is immigration forum if you have any immigration issue then welcome. [/quote]

I hope I haven't caused any offence - It has been the only forum I could find to post the question - and is is partly about his visa and immigration status :) I think that will be the biggest battle after all!

Thanks again, I appreciate the replies!

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:23 am

gymrat0302 wrote:Thanks for the help, I feared that was the case but we need to try everything right now.
This is immigration forum if you have any immigration issue then welcome.
I hope I haven't caused any offence - It has been the only forum I could find to post the question - and is is partly about his visa and immigration status :) I think that will be the biggest battle after all!

Thanks again, I appreciate the replies!
Hi

Sorry I was saying this is not right forum for asking student scholarships.

We have answered your immigration problem.

Best Luck

UK_Banned_Member