ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite ILR requirment help?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsi

indefinite ILR requirment help?

Post by mrsi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi i am on spousal visa to Uk its been one year and one year left for my indefinite .i am doing securities work and only doing it for 3 days in a week so i get pay around 150£ in a week .i know you have to show last 6 months payslips to get ILR .i want to know can my wife also show part time work like 3 days and earn same 150£ same as me in last months would it help us get ILR ? also if she works 20 hours a week i heard they dont deduct tax on 20 hours so wud they pick this point that we didnt pay tax? i hope u get the point .all feedback will be appreciated thankyou
regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 pm

I would have thought that all income would be useful to include, to support the maintenance and accommodation requirements. Even if you're not eligible to pay income tax, you should submit income tax forms to the HM Revenue & Customs.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Vinny thanks for the reply can you please explain in details i would be much greatful :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 pm

You can click on the links within my post to get more details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:41 am

thankyou for your reply i have been to the links sorry i am abit dumb i didnt get them really i have already told you my position i would want to know here what are the chances in my case that was my question sorry .also my parents in law they are living with me in this rented property so its like we all share the rent .but tenancy agreement is on my name and also i have told you how much i am earning in a week so i want to know is that fine i have not applied any kind of public funds
regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:13 pm

thanks vinnay so i have a question like my accomodation tenancy agreement is on my name its a 3 bedroom flat and i am living with my father in law n mother in law and with my wife n baby so when i apply for ILR can i tell them they r sharing rent with me ?isit possible

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:28 pm

mrsi, are you claiming all the benefits you are entitled to? Child Benefit? You and your spouse jointly claiming Tax Credits?

And those Tax Credits, are the two of you jointly working at least 16 hours per week?
i heard they dont deduct tax on 20 hours
Not sure where you heard that, but there is no such rule. However in the UK each person is allowed to have income of £6475 per year before there is any tax liability. Which of course is a rather different rule!

I am sure that high earners, say £100 per hour, working 20 hours per week, would love the rule to say what you suggest, but that is not the way it works.
Last edited by John on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks john for reply yeah we are taking child benefits but i dont know what is tax credit? all i get from my work is 24 hours pay in a week and my wife gets 20 hours pay in a week what is tax credit does it help you with ILR isnt it public funds? also what i have asked abt accomodation if any feedback i will be very thankful

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 pm

mrsi, you really should be claiming Tax Credits. You have an entitlement. Look at this HMRC webpage. Making the claim will not have any adverse effect upon the ILR application, for reasons that are detailed in the first pinned topic in the Claiming Benefits section of this board.

As regards the property matter, get a letter from your parents-in-law confirming that they pay £x to you towards the rent, and attach that the the tenancy agreement that you will be supplying.
John

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 am

Thankyou so much john you made things easy for me i really appreciate it
regards