ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cheated for citizenship :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tinaxtina
Newly Registered

cheated for citizenship :(

Post by tinaxtina » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 am

hi, i married in egypt a year and half ago, my husband come here on spousal visa, i was on income support, so my mother was second sponcer, but i am the only one mentioned on his visa, he didnt find work for a couple of months , so i supported him, no problem as i was more than happy to do this, i love him.
he has since found work, but does not give me any money, i am still claiming beneits, im so worried as i shouldnt be claiming, but he refuses to support me and my son from previous marrage, he only said he will pay one or 2 of my utility bills, and if i stop benefits he will give me the equal amount of money out of his earnings, i helped him get a bank account and that is where hes now putting all his money. i thought he come here to be my husband and be a normal happily married couple, but he has changed, he says he loves me but wont support me as he first told me he would, i dont no wht to do, hes still living with me, rent free, not paying towards food or bills, or petrol etc but wants lifts here and there, i cant take this anymore, if he leaves and i cancel his sponcer visa, what will happen, has anyone gone through this? he keeps saying i have to accept him only paying 2 bills, or he will leave, i can see i am another victim of lied and married to for visa, and passport as much as it hurts to admit ....can he live here if he leaves me as he keeps saying and can he get his remain to stay etc? his friends keep giving him advice and telling him many things as they also have got or applying for I L R or residency etc? please help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 am

If you separate his visa becomes invalid, and you should inform the Home Office that the marriage is no longer subsisting. They may not take steps to remove him, but if he left the UK he would face refusal on re-entry if the information is on the system.
Regarding ILR, unless you sign the application form and submit your passport, any application as your spouse would be rejected.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:40 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tinaxtina
Newly Registered

Post by tinaxtina » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:47 pm

he has been told if i inform the home office, they may cancel the visa, but as it is in his passport, untill the expire date they cant do anything.... he said he will return to egypt but i know he only says this so i wont know where he is, or where he works etc, as he wants to work and save money to return home with. hence he will stay and work till the visa date expires,

if i contact the home office, and inform them can he continue to work as he says? till the visa expires

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm

There is a possibility that some of his rights might be curtailed before the expiry of his spousal visa.

I know of someone who was removed immediately by immigration officials, after reports from his wife that their relationship is not subsisting and that his intentions for marrying her was for convenience.

It is a good thing he has shown is true colour now, rather than a year or two down the line.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Its not fair it really isn't.......

Inform the home office and do the right thing....its people like him that paint a bad picture for genuine spouse's.....you just cant live like that and like the other posts of said he is breaking the conditions of the visa...

Dont put yourself in trouble...next thing you will be in trouble for benefit fraud and I think you got enough to deal with at the moment....

By the sounds he no good and isnt even a good person by doing this!!!!
???REUNITED???

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Im sorry to hear this Tina , sadly many women get taken in by these guys so they can get visas .

My only advice would be to get this guy out of your house and away from you and you child as soon as possible , if he is unlikely to leave by request then i would advise getting the police to remove him .

My sister was taken in by a Nigerian , his visa runs out this month but i have heard he wont have to leave the UK as he has worked for 2 years while being on the spousal visa .

My sister married him in secret , i found out months later that her holiday to Greece was infact a holiday to Nigeria in which she married a guy she hardly knew but described him as being the most loving and caring man on the planet who promised to fully support her and her son ...... the man that arrived in the UK was nothing at all like that .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:39 pm

RattleSnake wrote: My sister was taken in by a Nigerian , his visa runs out this month but i have heard he wont have to leave the UK as he has worked for 2 years while being on the spousal visa .
Nothing to do with working - he can only stay if he has ILR or better, and he needs co-operation of you sister to get that. She has to provide her passport and sign the form and if she has any sense she won't!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:36 pm

He works at the same place as my step dad and has been telling people he can stay because he has been working . I think his visa may be a settlement visa and not a spousal visa (if these 2 are different visas ?) .

The strange thing is when him and my sister applied for his visa it was rejected in Lagos due to fraud , he is on yet another name and they lied about how long they had known each other etc , yet on appeal in the UK he got his visa . I think that is crazy .

My sister is a fool as she knew his history , he has been in the UK under different names and by charming women he has got them to get credit cards for him , club books etc and ran up huge debts under their names , he would then vanish off to Nigeria and return months later under a new identity , i only found this out once the relationship had ended . Needless to say via doing this and investing the money in land he has a fair amount of land in Nigeria .

The government needs to check people more carefully before granting visas :roll: . Immigration is a good thing especially with highly skilled workers comming into the country but way to many people seem to come here by playing the system , my sister is a single mum and he has taken advantage of her i feel (she knew of his history though so must take some blame for this mess)

rinav

Post by rinav » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Rattlesnake

I would have though that if someone used deception or fraud to gain a visa or settlement that it can be revocked?...

The only thing is that if your sister was aware of this then she might face trouble as well...

rinav

Post by rinav » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:37 pm

tinaxtina

I would most definately ring the Home Office and tell them what's happening with your husband...

As far I know from reading the forums, if you and your husband are no longer together then he wont be legally allowed to stay in the country under the spouse visa. He cant apply for ILR without your support either..

Don't be afraid of your husband either...dont tell him you are going to ring the Home Office - just do it...he might just do a runner..

In an ideal world thats fair and just - immigration should come over and take take your husband to a detention centre and remove him back home. That's what he deserves...
It's people like him that make it harder for real cases and applications

Take Care

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Rinav i found out tonight he has found another woman , that he is engaged to so it looks like he will be doing the same to her once his current visa runs out .

My sister was very much involved in certain things , she would email her self using a different account , the emails were printed as used as prooth they had regular contact ... but it was not him sending the emails to her .. it was her . She also forged letters from my mum saying this man was welcome to my mums life savings , she even stole my mums house deeds and sent them out to Nigeria .

That was all 2 years ago , it is behind us all . Now he is doing the same to someone else it atleast ends it between him and this family which is all we want , tonight is a good night .

"In an ideal world thats fair and just - immigration should come over and take take your husband to a detention centre and remove him back home. That's what he deserves...
It's people like him that make it harder for real cases and applications "

I agree with that , the rotten eggs make it harder for honest immigrants to get visas .

Tina , how are things ????? I hope you and your child are ok , from your post it sounds like you are in a very tough postion . If you could give us an update that would be great . Please please please if this man is violent or abusive at any point , make sure he is removed from your house .

Take care .

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 pm

rattlesnake

i stillthink that if your sisters husband is in the uk presently through a spouse visa then surely if he is not with her anymore then he is here illegally?...

if i was you i would ring home office and find out if you can do anything and stop him from ruining anymore lives...

i know its over for your family but still try and do what you can to prevent someone else from going through hell..

he does not deserve to be here in the uk...

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 pm

I did contact them before they accepted his visa appeal , they never bothered to contact me .

I then contacted someone called Tracy Reeves who at the time dealt with immigration on the goverment site , yet again they never contacted me . I was ignored and someone on a "new id" was let into the country .

It is not my familys problem now , at a guess he will go back to Nigeria in a few weeks time then get this new lady to fly out and marry him and the same thing will happen to her . I have heard he got her to pay for the divorce from my sister :roll: :roll: . He is a rotten egg that uses and abuses people .

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 pm

it angers and upsets me to think that people like me and many others who have a genuine case sit here waiting for visa'a and HO is issuing them out to frauds!...

i'm disgusted by it...

well i hoe your sister is ok and she is best of forgetting al about it now as u said u all have done...

atleast you know that you tried to stop him from ruining someone elses life...

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Please dont reply to me again Rinav , i just saw your very personal and abusive post made in another thread .

No need for us to ever have any contact on this site again please .

Tina , i hope things are ok for you , please update us when you can x

rinav

Post by rinav » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 pm

rattlesnake

dont give other people abuse and nasty comments if you cant handle it yourself...not nice is it?..

how can you laugh and mock someones situation and relationship is beyond belief...

dont act all caring in one thread and abuse in another..what you said was uncalled for...

i have nothing to hide or be ashamed of what i said in my other thread someone has to stand up to such comments..

dont put the blame onto others as its your own doing.

goodbye

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Members are reminded that one of the Terms & Conditions of this Board is :-
No use of rude or inappropriate language. One must always treat fellow posters with respect.
Any further postings that I deem to break that will lead to this topic being closed, and appropriate action taken against whoever made that posting.
John

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

RattleSnake wrote:He works at the same place as my step dad and has been telling people he can stay because he has been working . I think his visa may be a settlement visa and not a spousal visa (if these 2 are different visas ?) .
A spouse visa is a settlement visa as that is the intention is to settle. The bottom line is if the marriage is not subsisting, then report it to the HO and let them due their adminstration. If the ******* want to leave the country and the HO hasn´t updated the database, then it is on them. What is on you, the sponsors, is to report the fraud or deception. Do not help the ******* in any way, and get them out of your life pronto.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 pm

My sister says she has reported him , but at times what she says and what she does are 2 different things if you know what i mean .

He has another lady on the go now , i expect he will do exactly the same to her and it can not be stopped as he will do it under yet another new name .

He had my sister (a single mum) sending him money via Western Union when he was still in Nigeria , the fact he got this new lady to pay for the divorce leads me to think he is using her in the same way , sadly my bet is he will marry her under a new name to get a visa and whille he is out in Nigeria he will be asking her to send him money with talk of "once he is in the UK he will fully support her" and telling her he will love her for life etc etc etc .

I just pray she is not another single mum as being taken for a ride not only affects her but will affect any children she may have . He seems to only target single mums , so im guessing she will be yet another 1 :( :( :(

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

He has another lady on the go now , i expect he will do exactly the same to her and it can not be stopped as he will do it under yet another new name .
Thank goodness for biometrics!
John